Cyan 920 turning into 4-alarm blaze

baseballbert

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
Sucks, just got it today and as soon as I turned it in, heat wave! Above the camera near the headphone jack.

Only had it for a few hours and it is getting super hot when it does anything. On the hook with att right now, we will see what happens.

Cyan too. I did see the yellow one, wow. Pretty damn nice to the point I'm thinking yellow instead if cyan!

pjs37

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
When I have that happen I either reboot the phone or I keep hitting the back button until I have exited every program. Honestly I think there are apps that get hung up and the CPU cores just get stuck at 100% activity on them. This is how I dealt with it on my 900 I haven't had this issue with the 920 yet.

badMojo69

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
OMFG are you kidding me? This phone is turning into a real POS. At least for someone like me who will be paying full price.

pjs37

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
OMFG are you kidding me? This phone is turning into a real POS. At least for someone like me who will be paying full price.

You don't have to buy it. Understandably there are some issues as there is with every smart phone launch ever. But in the end of the day they are still essentially computers which now happen to be running the most stable OS ever :D

adebo

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
The Lumia 900 and the Lumia 920 are the first phones I have owned that do not heat up. All of my Pres, iPhones and HTC Android phones and the Arrive would cook in my hands during use.

No issues so far with the 920 and heat on my end (Cyan as well not that color matters).

baseballbert

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
54 mins on the phone with att so far. Looks like I'm getting iphone instead and sitting out this round of WP's. they can't send me a new one, none of the local stores have one and the corporate stores don't have them either.

I also can't send it back, get the upgrade reinstated and then get another one. Too bad, awesome phone.

I've got another line I can upgrade in Oct 2013, maybe I will WP again then!

Awesome OS, I will miss it!

Landsharkk

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
54 mins on the phone with att so far. Looks like I'm getting iphone instead and sitting out this round of WP's. they can't send me a new one, none of the local stores have one and the corporate stores don't have them either.

I also can't send it back, get the upgrade reinstated and then get another one. Too bad, awesome phone.

Hmm, that doesn't make sense. You should still be within your 14 day exchange time period.

And if it's true that you cannot get the upgrade reinstated, then how is it possible for you to get a new phone at all to replace the 920? Or are you just going back to an older phone?

Daniel Rubino

Editor-in-chief
Staff member
Jan 19, 2006
Visit site
Sucks, just got it today and as soon as I turned it in, heat wave! Above the camera near the headphone jack.

Only had it for a few hours and it is getting super hot when it does anything. On the hook with att right now, we will see what happens.

Cyan too. I did see the yellow one, wow. Pretty damn nice to the point I'm thinking yellow instead if cyan!
Are you on LTE?

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site

Aww, that's a shame. :( Hope you're able to get the next generation of the Lumia next year.

bryan_05

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Hmm, that doesn't make sense. You should still be within your 14 day exchange time period.

And if it's true that you cannot get the upgrade reinstated, then how is it possible for you to get a new phone at all to replace the 920? Or are you just going back to an older phone?

+1 to the confusion

AT&T Return Policy & Early Termination Fee - from AT&T

"Consumers/Individual Responsibility Users - You have 14 days after purchase (or shipping date, if equipment is shipped) to return or exchange your device."

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3