How are your glossy 920s doing?

anon(5354375)

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I am on the fence between a glossy yellow and a matte black. I am scared that the glossy will be a fingerprint magnet. So is it? Does it smudge easily? Please advice me as to which to get.

AldehydeTao

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I have a glossy red one. To be honest, it is some kind of fingerprint magnet. But it can get cleaned every time I take it out of my pocket. So I don't conceder this a big problem.
Hope this will help you decide.

ryude

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
I also have the red, it attracts lots of fingerprints. I don't mind really, a simple microfiber cloth or even my shirt cleans it up in a couple seconds.

krayzie7th

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
I also have red one and its somewhat of fingerprint magnet buy cant tell much. Like it has been said a quick clean with a shirt is no problem.

Landsharkk

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Hmm, I must be the only one then. I have a red/glossy lumia 920 and it repels fingerprints better than any smartphone I've owned.

Just now I deliberately smeared my fingers all over the screen, when I turn the screen on it's as clear as day. The only way I can see the fingerprints is if I angle the phone just right (sort of diagonal/looking at it from the side) to get the light to shine on the screen (turned off).

As for the rest of the phone (sides, back), I see no fingerprints.

Am I just lucky or are some people being really picky about it?

theecosystem

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
i have the black, but you can do what i always do. go to amazon and buy some little microfiber bags. carry the phone in that so that every time you remove the phone, it's nice and clean. works great and it's easy!

GoodThings2Life

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
I can tell you that my matte black 900 was every bit the fingerprint magnet that my glossy red 920 is, so here's the answer... accept fingerprints are a fact of life, carry a cloth, and embrace what your heart desires. :)

Daniel Rubino

Editor-in-chief
Staff member
Jan 19, 2006
Visit site
I am on the fence between a glossy yellow and a matte black. I am scared that the glossy will be a fingerprint magnet. So is it? Does it smudge easily? Please advice me as to which to get.
People's concerns about glossy are unfounded. The white one doesn't smudge, scratch or look any different.

I've had both glossy 900 and 920 and never had an issue.

GoodThings2Life

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Am I just lucky or are some people being really picky about it?

Probably both. Perhaps your hands aren't as naturally oily as others AND some people really ARE that picky about it.

Frankly, I agree and opt not to care, I wipe it quickly if I'm going to present it to someone but otherwise, I'm too busy staring at the screen which does NOT seem to have a lot of prints on it. :)

doublesman3486

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Probably both. Perhaps your hands aren't as naturally oily as others AND some people really ARE that picky about it.

Frankly, I agree and opt not to care, I wipe it quickly if I'm going to present it to someone but otherwise, I'm too busy staring at the screen which does NOT seem to have a lot of prints on it. :)

I agree, after two months after the new phone syndrome wears off, everyone will be looking towards next year and a new phone. :D

theecosystem

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Landsharkk

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site

To call myself out, I'm a 130lb, red-haired white guy with skin problems. My hands are oily and I have no fingerprint issues with my red lumia 920. It's far better than my samsung focus.

In fact, maybe I'll make a youtube video about this showing off both phones.

EDIT: Actually that's exactly what I'm going to do. Getting my video camera out now. :) If I had a 2nd lumia 920 I'd record it with the lumia 920.

anon(5324511)

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
I got a red glossy and absolutely love it!!! I had a black 900 matte and it always got shinny and was hard to get that shinny look off but with my red, it's easy to get the finger prints off!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs