We made some changes

Our new forums are here!

Saving money on data

Mint SIM is the perfect way to get cheap data in the U.S.

Don't count Windows Phone out just yet

Dead? Psh. Here are 5 reasons to stick with Windows 10 Mobile

VPN vs. Proxy

The difference between a proxy and a VPN

Latitude attitude

Dell Latitude 7280 is a business laptop with tons of consumer attitude

4K all the way

You probably don't NEED a 4K webcam, but we love Logitech's BRIO 4K anyway

Long live Windows phone

Contrary to popular belief, Windows phone won't die anytime soon

XP-YESSSSSSS

Dell's already awesome XPS 15 gets even better in 2017

Surface Pwn 5

Surface Pro 5, Project NEON details leaked on LinkedIn?

Redefining the PC

Why Microsoft's Surface phone could be MUCH more than a mere 'phone'

Surface table meets Windows 10

Yes, we did put Windows 10 on the original Surface table ... and it rocks

Cream o' the crop

Before buying a Microsoft laptop, check out our pick for the absolute best

Simple and secure, just the way I like it

We think Windows 10 Cloud is a great idea, here's why

uber micro

Halo Wars 2 has something for everyone. Here's our full review.

Oldie but goldie

We reviewed Microsoft's decade-old Surface table

Creators Update comin' at ya

These are the coolest new features in the next big Xbox One update (video)

Buyer's guide

The Razer Blade 14 is the best laptop Razer has to offer

Windows 10 app gems

10 terrific Windows 10 apps you should be using

Tower of power

Here's what we think of Dell's XPS Tower Special Edition

Quite a deal

Grab the complete C# coding bootcamp for $41!

< >
Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 12 of 12
Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By ilifecomputer
  • 1 Post By mattgrif
  • 1 Post By NickA
  • 2 Post By hasasimo
  1. EG8196's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    74 Posts
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
       #1  
    first time (dent out of box)
    second time (http://forums.windowscentral.com/lum...tm#post1755263)
    third time (dead pixel)





  2. berty6294's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    3,339 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,354 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #2  
    3rd times a charm! ;)
  3. ilifecomputer's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    160 Posts
    Global Posts
    214 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #3  
    Good luck, boss. The chase for the perfect phone has been the end of me in the past. I've had a couple of lucky pulls (my 2nd iphone 4 and first 3g) but have seen so many hardware defects in my day.

    This round I will settle on a lumia 920 with backlight bleed in the bottom left bezel in hopes everything else is fine. (it does have that crazy rattle but I dont mind if they're all like that. same with incredibly yellow backlight on touch panel buttons).

    Dead/stuck pixels are my least favorite. Just typing that makes me scared to jinx myself and then find one later when I turn on the screen and look at a full colored screen. In any case, I am sending legitimate good vibes your way. You deserve to be happy.
    holyxiaoxin likes this.
  4. independentvolume's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    744 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,264 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #4  
    I'm starting to wonder if part of the shortage of these phones is all the returns. Some people are up to 5 returns already. What a disaster of a launch.
  5. EG8196's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    74 Posts
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
       #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by uscdigital View Post
    Good luck, boss. The chase for the perfect phone has been the end of me in the past. I've had a couple of lucky pulls (my 2nd iphone 4 and first 3g) but have seen so many hardware defects in my day.

    This round I will settle on a lumia 920 with backlight bleed in the bottom left bezel in hopes everything else is fine. (it does have that crazy rattle but I dont mind if they're all like that. same with incredibly yellow backlight on touch panel buttons).

    Dead/stuck pixels are my least favorite. Just typing that makes me scared to jinx myself and then find one later when I turn on the screen and look at a full colored screen. In any case, I am sending legitimate good vibes your way. You deserve to be happy.
    light bleeding is not a big deal for me, but dead pixel is........
    The dead pixel (red) is very obvious.....
  6. mattgrif's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    37 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #6  
    I find it interesting how many problems people are having. I am on my first, no scratches on glossy red, no battery problems, no dead pixels, no light bleeding. I wish you luck though.

    Update: I have minor scratches on my screen, they showed up middle of last week and I tried cleaning the screen multiple times and they are still there.
    Last edited by mattgrif; 11-20-2012 at 01:27 PM.
    NickA likes this.
  7. palandri's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    7,589 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,915 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by independentvolume View Post
    I'm starting to wonder if part of the shortage of these phones is all the returns. Some people are up to 5 returns already. What a disaster of a launch.
    If there are people on their 5th return, that's bound to be their last. Sooner or later they'll cut them off and give them their money back.
  8. NickA's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    509 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,672 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by palandri View Post
    If there are people on their 5th return, that's bound to be their last. Sooner or later they'll cut them off and give them their money back.
    That's what Google/Asus did with the Nexus 7. People were returning 10+ devices. Some people had legitimate complaints as the early production models were awful. Eventually they stopped swapping them out for some.
    palandri likes this.
  9. gbx5's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    54 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #9  
    GL OP,

    I have just returned my second one, waiting to get my third one and I hope it is finally fine.

    Nokia is my first time ever with faulty quality, my history has been:

    perfect iphone 3g
    perfect iphone 4
    perfect iphone 4s
    perfect iphone 5

    and as my first time moving off of ios to windows:
    first replaced lumia: dead battery out of box
    second replaced lumia: same bad quality top as yours, loose and wiggles and makes noise when phone is held, extremely bad build quality.

    third lumia: Hopefully this will be it.
  10. lg89's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    9 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #10  
    Things happen. I had to replace three iphone 4s.
  11. hasasimo's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,916 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,122 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #11  
    This wasn't happening when Nokia was building phones in Finland and Hungary instead of China...
    palandri and metalchick719 like this.
  12. palandri's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    7,589 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,915 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by hasasimo View Post
    This wasn't happening when Nokia was building phones in Finland and Hungary instead of China...
    Sad but true. I have to agree with that.

Posting Permissions

";