Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. arkham311's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    3 Posts
       #1  
    I swear I'm not a noob :mad: , but when I get incoming calls from names that are in my contact list only the number comes up! It's getting really irritating because who remembers numbers these days? Does anyone know the fix to this? To be specific my contacts are completely built with all the information, but when I get an incoming call just the number shows up.
  2. TenTwelve's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    513 Posts
    Global Posts
    521 Global Posts
    #2  
    I get the name. I made no adjustments to my phone in that respect. Maybe it's the way your contacts were imported. *shrug* I came from an iPhone and imported my contacts via Nokia's "Transfer My Data" app.
  3. arkham311's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    3 Posts
       #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by TenTwelve View Post
    I get the name. I made no adjustments to my phone in that respect. Maybe it's the way your contacts were imported. *shrug* I came from an iPhone and imported my contacts via Nokia's "Transfer My Data" app.
    That's exactly what I did! I did it through my 4s. However, when someone texts me it will show their name, but as far as when they call only a number shows up :dry
  4. arkham311's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    3 Posts
       #4  
    Still looking for an answer if anyone knows how to solve this out there...
  5. #5  
    I'm having this same problem. I fixed my voicemail as well, but still no fix.
  6. #6  
    Believe it or not, what worked for me was doing a battery reset. Which is strange because restarting the phone never had any effect. The "Soft Reset" from the link below is what ended up working for me.
    How to: Hard Reset the Nokia Lumia 920 and Lumia 820
  7. #7  
    I take that back, it quickly reverted to the contacts being broken.
  8. dtiapril's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    34 Posts
    #8  
    My 'guess' is that you have two contacts with the same number in your phone so it doesn't know which name to give you and gives you neither. Possible that you have a Microsoft contact and a Facebook contact with the numbers stored in both. Have a skim through your contacts list and make sure that all your duplicates from the various accounts are linked up properly so you only have one contact page for each person.

    The reason I guess at this is because my old phone did this to me when I had the same landline number stored for 'mum' and 'dad', so it didn't show any name...
  9. #9  
    If I reboot, it immediately finds the contact and auto-corrects my call history, etc. This is an issue with whatever service finds the contact is crashing for an unknown reason. I've tried switching between google and MS contact storage, running the clean up wizard, etc.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by arkham311 View Post
    Still looking for an answer if anyone knows how to solve this out there...
    I'm still having this issue, I tried factory reset no dice. You have any luck arkham311?
  11. ssapre's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    390 Posts
    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Carpenter View Post
    I'm still having this issue, I tried factory reset no dice. You have any luck arkham311?
    Did you check "People > Settings > Filter My Contacts" if you filtered to exclude any of your contacts list?
  12. TMavC5's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    609 Posts
    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by arkham311 View Post
    I swear I'm not a noob :mad: , but when I get incoming calls from names that are in my contact list only the number comes up! It's getting really irritating because who remembers numbers these days? Does anyone know the fix to this? To be specific my contacts are completely built with all the information, but when I get an incoming call just the number shows up.
    Try to sync your contacts again. It usually takes a bit. I don't know how long you had your phone before you recieved your first call or txt.
  13. Elmar De Groot's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1 Posts
    #13  
    Had the exact same issue, after I removed the 'spaces' i put in the phone number (for better readability) of the contact the problem was solved.

Posting Permissions