Incoming Calls Question

arkham311

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I swear I'm not a noob :mad: , but when I get incoming calls from names that are in my contact list only the number comes up! It's getting really irritating because who remembers numbers these days? Does anyone know the fix to this? To be specific my contacts are completely built with all the information, but when I get an incoming call just the number shows up.

TenTwelve

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
I get the name. I made no adjustments to my phone in that respect. Maybe it's the way your contacts were imported. *shrug* I came from an iPhone and imported my contacts via Nokia's "Transfer My Data" app.

arkham311

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I get the name. I made no adjustments to my phone in that respect. Maybe it's the way your contacts were imported. *shrug* I came from an iPhone and imported my contacts via Nokia's "Transfer My Data" app.
That's exactly what I did! I did it through my 4s. However, when someone texts me it will show their name, but as far as when they call only a number shows up :dry

dtiapril

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
My 'guess' is that you have two contacts with the same number in your phone so it doesn't know which name to give you and gives you neither. Possible that you have a Microsoft contact and a Facebook contact with the numbers stored in both. Have a skim through your contacts list and make sure that all your duplicates from the various accounts are linked up properly so you only have one contact page for each person.

The reason I guess at this is because my old phone did this to me when I had the same landline number stored for 'mum' and 'dad', so it didn't show any name...

Michael Carpenter

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
If I reboot, it immediately finds the contact and auto-corrects my call history, etc. This is an issue with whatever service finds the contact is crashing for an unknown reason. I've tried switching between google and MS contact storage, running the clean up wizard, etc.

TMavC5

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I swear I'm not a noob :mad: , but when I get incoming calls from names that are in my contact list only the number comes up! It's getting really irritating because who remembers numbers these days? Does anyone know the fix to this? To be specific my contacts are completely built with all the information, but when I get an incoming call just the number shows up.

Try to sync your contacts again. It usually takes a bit. I don't know how long you had your phone before you recieved your first call or txt.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs