Switched from iOS.

TheKinkajou

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Got my 920 today. Had iPhone 4.

Noticed that even though I was texting my friends from the Lumia, I was getting all of their texts on my iPhone still. Even though my phone number had moved to the new device, it was all going to my iPhone because of iMessage. Had to turn it off, then texts started coming to the Lumia. I also turned off the iMessage association to my number from my iPad.

One thing I miss from iOS is typing shortcuts. For example if I wanted to type "Hey, what's up?" I could create a shortcut so when I type "hwu" and it would autofill to "Hey, what's up?". Is there a way to do this in WP8? It's super annoying to keep having to type out things I use often, such as my email addresses.

mister2d

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site

Noticed that even though I was texting my friends from the Lumia, I was getting all of their texts on my iPhone still. Even though my phone number had moved to the new device, it was all going to my iPhone because of iMessage. Had to turn it off, then texts started coming to the Lumia. I also turned off the iMessage association to my number from my iPad.

One thing I miss from iOS is typing shortcuts. For example if I wanted to type "Hey, what's up?" I could create a shortcut so when I type "hwu" and it would autofill to "Hey, what's up?". Is there a way to do this in WP8? It's super annoying to keep having to type out things I use often, such as my email addresses.

:lol: I would like to know how as well. I've been living without this for far too long.

TheKinkajou

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Also, even though I had synced all my contacts to Google from my iPhone, when I added the google account to WP8, not all the contacts showed up. I'm now manually recreating some contacts on WP8.

iLLGT3

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site

Noticed that even though I was texting my friends from the Lumia, I was getting all of their texts on my iPhone still. Even though my phone number had moved to the new device, it was all going to my iPhone because of iMessage..

Same here. Kind of funny/weird.

Oh well.

Vaas

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I had the same issue with my Iphone. I traced it to my other friends Iphone's. There using Apple account to send IM when they reply to me. Its somehow doing it by default. I turned off the Iphone and all my messages show up on the 920.

joeynox

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I just got my cyan 920 last night and after having an iPhone for 4 years I've been pulling mu hair out due to the keyboard being set up differently. Lol. As gor the short cuts you sre talking about I have them on mine. As I type words are popping up.

sting7k

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
For those having issues still getting texts to their iPhones through iMessage. Go into iMessage setttings and select to get iMessages based on your email address and not cell phone number.

AZBrowncoat

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I haven't received my Nokia Lumia 920 yet so in the meantime I've been combing the forums looking for potential issues/workarounds when I switch from iOS6 to WP8.

Two shortcuts I use often on iOS6 were "pmail" (which inserted my personal email) and "wmail" (which inserted my work email) and similar shortcuts for phone numbers and addresses. Is there no similar functionality in WP8?

...in the meantime I keep lurking making mental notes about what I need to watch out for so these posts are helpful ;)

OT - I plan on keeping my iPhone 4 for a while even after I switch and using it over WiFi for the few apps I use that are not yet available on WP8 and as an iPod :p

lordofthereef

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
UNfortunately I don't believe there is a shortcuts option in the keyboard. If there is, I have yet to find it. I never used it, so I don't miss it. But I can see it being desirable.

I had the same issue with iMessage. This is a known... bug? Not sure if I can really call it a bug. It's just sort of a side-effect of how the iMessage system works. MS really should tie in messenger to work like iMessage. That would be a nice treat.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos