Weather app for Lumia

bmhillegass87

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
Hi all :)

Does anyone know if ANY weather apps live tile function is working correctly. From every review i've seen for the major ones it seems this has stopped working. Wondering if someone has some different information to share? I want something I can rely on, and adjusts throughout the day. Thanks!

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm currently using "Weather" by Microsoft and it does a good job of just giving the weather for current conditions. It isn't as feature reach as Amazing Weather (which I think at the moment is 'broken' for WP8).

Once Amazing Weather fully updates and their live tile works in WP8, I'll move back to that.

dudemanshoehead

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
If your live tile stop updating, and that app uses a background agent to update its live tile (as opposed to just push notification), you can force a update reset by going under Settings>Applications>Background tasks.

From there, block the background task for that app and check 'turn this background task on next time I start this app.'

Open up the app again and your tile will update periodically again. I can confirm this works with the Nokia Weather Channel app.

wamsille

Banned
Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Amazing Weather keeps weather alerts on my phone for days (weeks) after the fact on both my Lumia 900 and to an extent my 920.

Pete C

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I've been using Weather Master since WP7 and. It works great on WP8. I'll have to check out Weather View.

IMO this is the nicest looking and useful weather app by far, but unfortunately the temperature is several degrees off all the time in my area.

B T C

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I believe there was an update released recently for the Weather.com app. I downloaded it last night. Prior to the update, only two tile sizes worked. After the update, all three were available. As for the app itself, it seems decent, but it's the only one I've tried. It doesn't seem to be available for use on the lock screen.

TotalLamer

Sep 15, 2009
Visit site
I tend to prefer "Weather" by Microsoft and "WeatherFlow". I've tried both on my 920 and both work great. The only negative is that their tiles look a little fuzzy because presumably the graphics haven't been updated for higher resolutions yet. Still works fine though.

pjs37

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Right now I am using Amazing Weather seems like it works well for now but I haven't tried the whole resize tile thing yet.

gemini5150

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know which weather app works with the lock screen? None seem to work for me, not even the Microsoft one which is strange.

anon(5339110)

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I was using Weather Live on my 900, but the live tile doesn't work for me on the 920.

Ok, I just uninstalled and reinstalled Weather Live, and the tile is working. The live tile is a bit boring (although useful), but the app itself, is great. I really like the webcams so you can see the actual weather, yourself...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb