Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Hi all :)

Does anyone know if ANY weather apps live tile function is working correctly. From every review i've seen for the major ones it seems this has stopped working. Wondering if someone has some different information to share? I want something I can rely on, and adjusts throughout the day. Thanks!
    Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    7,163 Global Posts
    I use weather live is seams to work fine and stays updated.

I'm currently using "Weather" by Microsoft and it does a good job of just giving the weather for current conditions. It isn't as feature reach as Amazing Weather (which I think at the moment is 'broken' for WP8).

Once Amazing Weather fully updates and their live tile works in WP8, I'll move back to that.
    Pastor of All Saints Lutheran Church in Mason, MI
    God's work, our hands.
    Preaching the Gospel.
    Holding a Windows Phone.

I use the Nokia-branded Weather Channel app on a double wide tile and it stay up to date.

Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    Weather Flow's live tile hasn't hiccuped yet for me.

Global Posts
    270 Global Posts
    I love Accuweather.com's app. Does a fantastic job of keeping me up to date.
    Cingular (2001-2003) - Nokia 5190 > Nokia 3360
    Nextel (2003-2007) - i1000+ > i90c > i720 > i830 > i275 > i860 > i870
    AT&T (2007 to Present) - Treo 680 > iPhone 8GB > iPhone 3G 16GB > Moto Q9h Global >
    iPhone 3G 16GB > iPhone 3GS 16GB > HTC Inspire 4G > Samsung Focus > HTC HD7S >
    Nokia Lumia 900 > Nokia Lumia 920 > Nokia Lumia 1520
    If your live tile stop updating, and that app uses a background agent to update its live tile (as opposed to just push notification), you can force a update reset by going under Settings>Applications>Background tasks.

From there, block the background task for that app and check 'turn this background task on next time I start this app.'

Open up the app again and your tile will update periodically again. I can confirm this works with the Nokia Weather Channel app.

Weather View is by far the most visually nice, and the tiles work.

Quote Originally Posted by zfarooq View Post
    Weather View is by far the most visually nice, and the tiles work.
    This.
    Banned

Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Amazing Weather keeps weather alerts on my phone for days (weeks) after the fact on both my Lumia 900 and to an extent my 920.

I've been using Weather Master since WP7 and. It works great on WP8. I'll have to check out Weather View.

Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyresian View Post
    I've been using Weather Master since WP7 and. It works great on WP8. I'll have to check out Weather View.
    IMO this is the nicest looking and useful weather app by far, but unfortunately the temperature is several degrees off all the time in my area.

Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    I used Weather Flow when I had my 900 and loved it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blake View Post
    I use weather live is seams to work fine and stays updated.
    I was using Weather Live on my 900, but the live tile doesn't work for me on the 920.

I believe there was an update released recently for the Weather.com app. I downloaded it last night. Prior to the update, only two tile sizes worked. After the update, all three were available. As for the app itself, it seems decent, but it's the only one I've tried. It doesn't seem to be available for use on the lock screen.

Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    I tend to prefer "Weather" by Microsoft and "WeatherFlow". I've tried both on my 920 and both work great. The only negative is that their tiles look a little fuzzy because presumably the graphics haven't been updated for higher resolutions yet. Still works fine though.

Global Posts
    459 Global Posts
    Right now I am using Amazing Weather seems like it works well for now but I haven't tried the whole resize tile thing yet.

Does anyone know which weather app works with the lock screen? None seem to work for me, not even the Microsoft one which is strange.

Quote Originally Posted by riffraffy View Post
    I was using Weather Live on my 900, but the live tile doesn't work for me on the 920.
    Ok, I just uninstalled and reinstalled Weather Live, and the tile is working. The live tile is a bit boring (although useful), but the app itself, is great. I really like the webcams so you can see the actual weather, yourself...