Lumia 920 Headset Issues

omkar naik1

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
So, I got my Cyan Lumia 920 on Monday, and ever since had an issue with making calls with a headset. I went to ATT store yesterday and exchanged it for a white, but have a problem with the white aswell. Does anybody experienced the same?

PS. This is when I plug in my ear phone into the jack and make a call, the other person on the line will not hear it.

mikewp

Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
push the plug in all the way. If the jack sleeve isn't touching the phone, it's not in all the way. If that's not it, then you are incredibly unlucky.

cardinalryan

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
push the plug in all the way. If the jack sleeve isn't touching the phone, it's not in all the way. If that's not it, then you are incredibly unlucky.
No...the OP is 100% correct on this. This is the case with my 920, my wife's, my brother's and one of my friends. We all go L920's and not one of them (including my two exchanges) allow you to be heard on the other end if you are using a headset.

And yes, the headset is plugged in all the way. Not saying every phone is defective, but I know for a fact that six of them in my area are.

mikewp

Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
Could you tell us what headsets you've tried? If you check in the accessories forum here: http://forums.windowscentral.com/lumia-920-acccessories/201980.htm you'l notice that it's not an unknown situation. A lot of it has to do with headsets that support Apple's three ring connector setup, which the Nokia doesn't support.

My bad. I misread the OP's post. I thought all 920s came with ear buds, although I guess some didn't (mine didn't...on AT&T but rep I talked to last night said they should)? Anyway, thought he had tried those. Didn't realize there was such a big issue headsets but I guess that makes sense. So If I'm looking for more fidelity/better sound I need to be careful and not buy any headsets that have any sort of Apple stink on them?

NoLoveForFrank

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
My bad. I misread the OP's post. I thought all 920s came with ear buds, although I guess some didn't (mine didn't...on AT&T but rep I talked to last night said they should)? Anyway, thought he had tried those. Didn't realize there was such a big issue headsets but I guess that makes sense. So If I'm looking for more fidelity/better sound I need to be careful and not buy any headsets that have any sort of Apple stink on them?

From what I understand, the AT&T models ship with nothing but the phone and the charger, no ear buds whatsoever. That seems to be an odd sort of trend with these kinds of things...

If you're looking for them to be fully functional, yes. Standard ear buds will work fine, but if you want the mic then you have to be careful. If it's a "designed for Apple" type set then the single button will work to answer calls and control music, but the volume buttons and most importantly the mic will absolutely not work.

Gerard Wilson

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
I collected my Lumia 920 a week ago and in the UK it comes with Bud Earphones (which strangely do not show a brand name anywhere on them even though they are in the box) with an inline mic/button. I did try using the earphones I bought to use with my iPhone but found that the volume control and the voice commands didn't work. I then found as per the OP that although I answered a call the caller could not hear me. However, using the headset that came in the box it is possible to answer calls and, using the button, access the voice commands. The three ring jack looks the same on both sets of earphones but are obviously wired differently which means that if you buy some earphones to use with the phone they need to be specifically for the Nokia Lumia as not all will work.

mallikmajety

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Hi,
I've bought a lumia 920 3 days back and i am facing the same issue. When I use my apple's ear pods i keep getting noise and my voice would not be audible to the caller. Planning to return the mobile. Apart from this, there is no photo caller ID. Dont know if this is the case with me or a general known issue with the mobile. And the phone hangs every now and then. Now I repent why I've moved from an android to windows

ampost

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
I found that with different earphones (including a shure 535) I can hear people but they can't hear me. It worked ok for a Beyer set. Definitely something iffy. I wasn't sure if it was just my handset as this is a great phone (this from an avid hydroids and iOS user).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)