02-03-2013 07:54 AM
- So, I got my Cyan Lumia 920 on Monday, and ever since had an issue with making calls with a headset. I went to ATT store yesterday and exchanged it for a white, but have a problem with the white aswell. Does anybody experienced the same?
PS. This is when I plug in my ear phone into the jack and make a call, the other person on the line will not hear it.11-14-2012 08:30 AM
And yes, the headset is plugged in all the way. Not saying every phone is defective, but I know for a fact that six of them in my area are.11-14-2012 03:25 PM
- Could you tell us what headsets you've tried? If you check in the accessories forum here: http://forums.windowscentral.com/lum...ies/201980.htm you'l notice that it's not an unknown situation. A lot of it has to do with headsets that support Apple's three ring connector setup, which the Nokia doesn't support.11-14-2012 03:39 PM
- Could you tell us what headsets you've tried? If you check in the accessories forum here: http://forums.windowscentral.com/lum...ies/201980.htm you'l notice that it's not an unknown situation. A lot of it has to do with headsets that support Apple's three ring connector setup, which the Nokia doesn't support.11-14-2012 08:34 PM
- My bad. I misread the OP's post. I thought all 920s came with ear buds, although I guess some didn't (mine didn't...on AT&T but rep I talked to last night said they should)? Anyway, thought he had tried those. Didn't realize there was such a big issue headsets but I guess that makes sense. So If I'm looking for more fidelity/better sound I need to be careful and not buy any headsets that have any sort of Apple stink on them?
If you're looking for them to be fully functional, yes. Standard ear buds will work fine, but if you want the mic then you have to be careful. If it's a "designed for Apple" type set then the single button will work to answer calls and control music, but the volume buttons and most importantly the mic will absolutely not work.11-14-2012 08:41 PM
- I collected my Lumia 920 a week ago and in the UK it comes with Bud Earphones (which strangely do not show a brand name anywhere on them even though they are in the box) with an inline mic/button. I did try using the earphones I bought to use with my iPhone but found that the volume control and the voice commands didn't work. I then found as per the OP that although I answered a call the caller could not hear me. However, using the headset that came in the box it is possible to answer calls and, using the button, access the voice commands. The three ring jack looks the same on both sets of earphones but are obviously wired differently which means that if you buy some earphones to use with the phone they need to be specifically for the Nokia Lumia as not all will work.11-18-2012 04:34 PM
I've bought a lumia 920 3 days back and i am facing the same issue. When I use my apple's ear pods i keep getting noise and my voice would not be audible to the caller. Planning to return the mobile. Apart from this, there is no photo caller ID. Dont know if this is the case with me or a general known issue with the mobile. And the phone hangs every now and then. Now I repent why I've moved from an android to windows12-19-2012 04:36 AM
- I found that with different earphones (including a shure 535) I can hear people but they can't hear me. It worked ok for a Beyer set. Definitely something iffy. I wasn't sure if it was just my handset as this is a great phone (this from an avid hydroids and iOS user).02-03-2013 07:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD