Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

I got my new Lumia 920 Cyan a couple of days ago and I really love the color. The best part is that it looks different shades in different lighting situations. What I am worried about is that the dirt and grease/oil/sweat from hands could just stick to the beautiful cyan region of the phone as it is matte finish. Any idea how I can make it immune to the discoloration caused by everyday use? How do I clean it regularly to maintain the original color of the phone?

Thanks,
    Aj

Quote Originally Posted by aj4pals View Post
    I got my new Lumia 920 Cyan a couple of days ago and I really love the color. The best part is that it looks different shades in different lighting situations. What I am worried about is that the dirt and grease/oil/sweat from hands could just stick to the beautiful cyan region of the phone as it is matte finish. Any idea how I can make it immune to the discoloration caused by everyday use? How do I clean it regularly to maintain the original color of the phone?

Thanks,
    Aj
    Eat less greasy food? :) Or keep hand sanitizer Purell handy.

Global Posts
    368 Global Posts
    Get a zagg full body protector, but only use the back side - thats what I am doing. It also gives it some grip to it as the matte is a little slick.

Nokia Lumia 920 Screen Protector | invisibleSHIELD by ZAGG
    aj4pals likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebaneeezor View Post
    Get a zagg full body protector, but only use the back side - thats what I am doing. It also gives it some grip to it as the matte is a little slick.

@Ebaneeezor

Thanks for the advice. Are you also using the Cyan version?

I use a lens wipe to clean my Lumia 900. Picked up a box of about 500 from Costco for ~$5. Makes it look like new.
    aj4pals and Iamdunne like this.

Damp cloth?

Global Posts
    1,444 Global Posts
    wash your filthy hands
    Ebaneeezor likes this.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    3,767 Global Posts
    I keep it in a hyperbaric chamber and only use it wearing surgical gloves and mask.
    TMavC5 and rickylago2 like this.

Global Posts
    368 Global Posts
    @Ebaneeezor

Thanks for the advice. Are you also using the Cyan version?
    No, I choose black.. I really really wanted a cyan, until my dam kid said I was to old for it, lol - bursted my bubble (im only 39,dam) anyway....

I took black because I remember the 900 Cyans looking dirty on the ATT workers in the store.. and the other colors, as they get normal wear marks, will eventually collect dirt and dust, then it will show up really bad - kinda like a white car really shows dirt as it ages.. so Black was for me for long term visual appeal.
    aj4pals likes this.

Yup, I ordered mine already. Just going to protect back side and top/bottom. I like my glass the way it is. :) Be sure you check out with discount code "ZAGG20"
    Thanked by:
    Ebaneeezor and aj4pals like this.

Global Posts
    368 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TMavC5 View Post
    Yup, I ordered mine already. Just going to protect back side and top/bottom. I like my glass the way it is. :) Be sure you check out with discount code "ZAGG20"
    damit!! I knew I was forgetting something... oh well...
    I never really understood the OS wars - they're simply is no one perfect solution for all, just for you.

Did I help? don't forget to hit the Thanks and Like :)
    aj4pals and Iamdunne like this.

Everyone with the snide comments... please understand that I am not as rich or care free as you guys. I made an investment and I want to protect it. My question might seem dumb, but just think how petty you are, lobbying around in the forums just to make fun out of someone's concern. Good luck!
    Sorry about that and didn't mean to offend you, it was all in fun because I myself constantly having to clean my devices. Avoid touching phone during meal time (so damn hard to do) :)

To project your investment, i suggest getting ZAGG as i mentioned above. Worth the investiment. Also, get yourself a micro fiber cloth and try not to use any type of cleaning solution, just cloth and small amout of water will do just fine.
    Last edited by TMavC5; 11-14-2012 at 12:01 PM. Reason: Update

Sorry about that and didn't mean to offend you, it was all in fun because I myself constantly having to clean my devices. Avoid touching phone during meal time (so damn hard to do) :)

To project your investment, i suggest getting ZAGG as i mentioned above. Worth the investiment. Also, get yourself a micro fiber cloth and try not to use any type of cleaning solution, just cloth and small amout of water will do just fine.
    I actually deleted that comment because I realized after a while that all those comments were pun-intended. Sorry about that comment.

Global Posts
    559 Global Posts
    No, I choose black.. I really really wanted a cyan, until my dam kid said I was to old for it, lol - bursted my bubble (im only 39,dam) anyway....

I took black because I remember the 900 Cyans looking dirty on the ATT workers in the store.. and the other colors, as they get normal wear marks, will eventually collect dirt and dust, then it will show up really bad - kinda like a white car really shows dirt as it ages.. so Black was for me for long term visual appeal.
    Forget the new phone, time to get a new kid!!! ;-)

Does the Zagg full body protector interfere with wireless charging in any way?

I can't say for sure, but I would guess not. It looks like it's just some kind of plastic that is wrapped around the phone. A think plastic membrane shouldn't affect induction charging at all. If a little bit of plastic interfered with it, how would it work through the phone's exterior in the first place?

Also, sorry if you took my previous comment the wrong way. I didn't mean to be facetious or mocking. Seriously, microfiber cloth with a little bit of water. Works wonders.
    No, it doesn't. The front screen cover did, however, interfere with me being able to use the phone with gloves. That was a huge selling point for me. Took the zagg back within 24 hours.
    Thanked by:

I just got my Nokia 920 Friday and placed it on the table where there was oil in the spot{Unknowingly} of course. I was going to take it back because it left a mean grease mark on the back. {I have the black one!} I was siting at work and decided to try some Germ-x hand sanitizer on the spot.. I did.. It took the oil straight off..; I previously tried everything that I could think of... SO GLAD IT WORKED!!!

Got a call on Sunday while working out at the gym. Took the call and got a few "sweat spots" on the back of my Cyan 920. Tried hand-sanitizer, lens cleaner, vodka, and warm towel. Those did not do anything to clean off the shiny spots. Found a post on the Nokia's official forum that suggested rubber eraser and rubbing alcohol. Those did the trick. My Cyan now looks like new again.

Global Posts
    1,178 Global Posts
    Personally, I prefer skinomi to zagg

Global Posts
    1,244 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Panu16 View Post
    Got a call on Sunday while working out at the gym. Took the call and got a few "sweat spots" on the back of my Cyan 920. Tried hand-sanitizer, lens cleaner, vodka, and warm towel. Those did not do anything to clean off the shiny spots. Found a post on the Nokia's official forum that suggested rubber eraser and rubbing alcohol. Those did the trick. My Cyan now looks like new again.
    nice! Glad you got it back to looking good.

Global Posts
    382 Global Posts
    Call me old fashion, but I do the "haaaaaaaaaaaa" (breathe on the screen) and wipe it on my tee shirt. Both sides. About a month later and zero scratches and no smudges.
    Banned

Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Just be mindful of where you put your phone down when not in use. I carry a cloth with me to wipe down the phone but I don't do any serious "cleaning" more than once a week.

Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Put a full body clear shield that covers the whole phone, I use it on my phone to prevent scratches.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexRodriguezNY View Post
    Put a full body clear shield that covers the whole phone, I use it on my phone to prevent scratches.
    You have a $275 million contract so that is easy for you on the wallet. I am just a poor middle class man.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast