does it make sense to buy lumia 900 instead of 920 now?

eyeinthesky

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
i know most of you will not like the idea of buying 900 when 920 is out there in the market, but what is tempting is that 900 is cheaper than 920.

but still if some can make a case against and for the idea, it will be helpful. :)

P.S.: I am not going to buy 920 anyway as i can't imagine my phone without FM radio. but I was hoping that the next generation of phones carry that and was planning to wait. :confused:

Kebero

May 26, 2011
Visit site
To be honest, the WP7 devices are going to be legacy soon. I wouldn't purchase one now if it meant locking in to a contract. If money is a concern, go for the Lumia 820. It may not have the HD display or the fancy camera, but it has the same internals as the 920 and 8X. Performance-wise, it's going to be on par with the flagship devices. Even the camera performs decently, from what I gather.

ace182

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
i know most of you will not like the idea of buying 900 when 920 is out there in the market, but what is tempting is that 900 is cheaper than 920.

but still if some can make a case against and for the idea, it will be helpful. :)

P.S.: I am not going to buy 920 anyway as i can't imagine my phone without FM radio. but I was hoping that the next generation of phones carry that and was planning to wait. :confused:

FM Radio? God forbid they take away 8-track next and dare we say beta max. lol
I heard rumors they may add mini-disc in the 930. Now we have a phone! lol

Kebero

May 26, 2011
Visit site
FM Radio? God forbid they take away 8-track next and dare we say beta max. lol
I heard rumors they may add mini-disc in the 930. Now we have a phone! lol

As someone who lives in an area where hurricanes are something that need to be watched out for every year, I can tell you that an FM radio is a necessity. We happen to have a battery powered one that we can use in case of an emergency, but it wouldn't hurt to have more than one. Wanting an FM radio in a smartphone isn't exactly odd when you consider that people do live in areas where there is a chance FM may be the only way they receive news and information about natural disasters or recovery/relief efforts.

Cartman

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
I remember reading that the FM radio was a requirement for WP7 devices.

I never used it but I guess it was nice to have. I'm sure they saw such little use for that feature that they decided not to make it a requirement for WP8.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
priya8923