I'll say it again, the back button should be on the right!

nico002

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
This only concerns right handed users. This is my ONLY peave with the phone. The back button is used SO MUCH in the OS, that it makes little sense to have to in the furthest, hardest to reach corner on the phone. On the other hand, Why is the search button, which is almost never used, so easily accessible?

vizagdude

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
I actually disagree with you. I think the Back button is exactly where it is suppose to be. I am a right handed user and it would confuse the **** out of me when the background apps are listed from right to left and the back button is to the right.

IMO, this is a non issue and more a preference.

eortizr

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
Feel the same way. The search button is useless. At least we should be able to re assign it. Bing is so horrible.

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

spincel

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I used my HD7 for 2 years and I don't find any reason that the back button should be a problem. First, you don't want to have it on the right side because you might be mistake to press it and exit out an app. It easy to put the search right at this position, so even in the case of mistakenly pressing the search key, you still have your app open. Second, at this point, 4.8" screen device is the biggest in WP, so most people won't have any trouble to press the button.

Landsharkk

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
I think the buttons are correctly placed. When you go 'back' you go logically to the left, backwards. I could see this argument making sense if you lived in Japan (and other countries) where they read right to left, but for those that read left to right, "Back" is to the left and therefor the back button seems correct on the left side.

Feel the same way. The search button is useless. At least we should be able to re assign it. Bing is so horrible.

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

I never fully understood the complaints about Bing search, what exactly is so horrible about it? I have absolutely no issues with it.

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
I think its right, for me gonig backwards means going left kind of like browsers.

I use the search button a lot, i think the results suck, but i use it when i need to find the nearest target or something. its faster than using the google search on android to me.

pjs37

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Eh, the back button is to the right the forward button is to the left. This is years of interface design behind that decision. Tape Players, CD players, Remote Controls, MP3 Players, browsers etc. I think you would confuse more people if you moved it to the left. I wish we could pick different search engines but that would be difficult seeing how integrated the Bing experience is.

nico002

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Having the back button on the left makes sense if a normal sized hand can comfortably reach it without shuffling the entire device first.

thePhiL

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I use the bing-seach-option very often.. for browsing, looking for news, translation, flight-information etc. I think bing is grad on that device.. try typing a flight (us711) or the listen-button for music-detection or the news on the right-scroll.. also the around-me-things.. or just search for an app and it will find it, no 'store' needed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss