Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By vizagdude
  • 1 Post By dkp23

This only concerns right handed users. This is my ONLY peave with the phone. The back button is used SO MUCH in the OS, that it makes little sense to have to in the furthest, hardest to reach corner on the phone. On the other hand, Why is the search button, which is almost never used, so easily accessible?

Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    I actually disagree with you. I think the Back button is exactly where it is suppose to be. I am a right handed user and it would confuse the **** out of me when the background apps are listed from right to left and the back button is to the right.

IMO, this is a non issue and more a preference.
    eallan likes this.

Global Posts
    228 Global Posts
    Feel the same way. The search button is useless. At least we should be able to re assign it. Bing is so horrible.

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

I used my HD7 for 2 years and I don't find any reason that the back button should be a problem. First, you don't want to have it on the right side because you might be mistake to press it and exit out an app. It easy to put the search right at this position, so even in the case of mistakenly pressing the search key, you still have your app open. Second, at this point, 4.8" screen device is the biggest in WP, so most people won't have any trouble to press the button.

I think the buttons are correctly placed. When you go 'back' you go logically to the left, backwards. I could see this argument making sense if you lived in Japan (and other countries) where they read right to left, but for those that read left to right, "Back" is to the left and therefor the back button seems correct on the left side.

Quote Originally Posted by eortizr View Post
    Feel the same way. The search button is useless. At least we should be able to re assign it. Bing is so horrible.

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express
    I never fully understood the complaints about Bing search, what exactly is so horrible about it? I have absolutely no issues with it.

Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    I'm right handed but I pretty much hold my phone in my left hand 99% of the time.

Global Posts
    1,441 Global Posts
    I think its right, for me gonig backwards means going left kind of like browsers.

I use the search button a lot, i think the results suck, but i use it when i need to find the nearest target or something. its faster than using the google search on android to me.
    metalchick719 likes this.

Global Posts
    457 Global Posts
    Eh, the back button is to the right the forward button is to the left. This is years of interface design behind that decision. Tape Players, CD players, Remote Controls, MP3 Players, browsers etc. I think you would confuse more people if you moved it to the left. I wish we could pick different search engines but that would be difficult seeing how integrated the Bing experience is.

Having the back button on the left makes sense if a normal sized hand can comfortably reach it without shuffling the entire device first.

Global Posts
    532 Global Posts
    Hold the phone upside down...problem solved. :D

I use the bing-seach-option very often.. for browsing, looking for news, translation, flight-information etc. I think bing is grad on that device.. try typing a flight (us711) or the listen-button for music-detection or the news on the right-scroll.. also the around-me-things.. or just search for an app and it will find it, no 'store' needed.