Getting use out of NFC

mammaldood

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone found a practical, day to day use for NFC on your 920? I don't know anyone else with a WP so that's out. Can I use this to pay for things at any stores or gas stations yet? Anything else? So far it just seems like a stat that Nokia was able to tick off but with no actual utility.

Xsever

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
I'd like to be able to buy tags and write certain parameters to them.

Example: Have one tag disable data, enable wifi, and launch iHeartRadio when I point the phone towards it. I'll put right next to my house's door.

Another tag which turns WIFI off and turns Data ON and i'll put it in my car.

That's what I'd like to use NFC for besides payments and such.

prjkthack

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
I bought some tags, should come in sometime next week, I'll play around with the Nfc app and see what it can do. I imagine it will only be improved with time.

Xsever

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
I bought some tags, should come in sometime next week, I'll play around with the Nfc app and see what it can do. I imagine it will only be improved with time.

Please let us know what you find out. Message me directly if you prefer. We can collaborate on this.

LazyLemming

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Keep in mind too that it requires hardware to actually be available for the technology to catch on. The more phones that have the NFC available, the more we'll see it crop up in the real world.

Moocowdeluxe

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone if there is a way to enable NFC wallet payments on the 920? Do we have to ask for a special SIM from the carrier or is that just not an option at all currently?

lordofthereef

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
AFAIK NFC on WP can't be used to make payments. Bummer... especially since there is a wallet app built right in. Hoping this functionality comes to the phone/OS ASAP. None of the other uses for NFC appeal to me in the slightest.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786