We made some changes

Our new forums are here!

Saving money on data

Mint SIM is the perfect way to get cheap data in the U.S.

Don't count Windows Phone out just yet

Dead? Psh. Here are 5 reasons to stick with Windows 10 Mobile

VPN vs. Proxy

The difference between a proxy and a VPN

Latitude attitude

Dell Latitude 7280 is a business laptop with tons of consumer attitude

4K all the way

You probably don't NEED a 4K webcam, but we love Logitech's BRIO 4K anyway

Long live Windows phone

Contrary to popular belief, Windows phone won't die anytime soon

XP-YESSSSSSS

Dell's already awesome XPS 15 gets even better in 2017

Surface Pwn 5

Surface Pro 5, Project NEON details leaked on LinkedIn?

Redefining the PC

Why Microsoft's Surface phone could be MUCH more than a mere 'phone'

Surface table meets Windows 10

Yes, we did put Windows 10 on the original Surface table ... and it rocks

Cream o' the crop

Before buying a Microsoft laptop, check out our pick for the absolute best

Simple and secure, just the way I like it

We think Windows 10 Cloud is a great idea, here's why

uber micro

Halo Wars 2 has something for everyone. Here's our full review.

Oldie but goldie

We reviewed Microsoft's decade-old Surface table

Creators Update comin' at ya

These are the coolest new features in the next big Xbox One update (video)

Buyer's guide

The Razer Blade 14 is the best laptop Razer has to offer

Windows 10 app gems

10 terrific Windows 10 apps you should be using

Tower of power

Here's what we think of Dell's XPS Tower Special Edition

Quite a deal

Grab the complete C# coding bootcamp for $41!

< >
Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 17 of 17
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By NickA
  • 1 Post By dtboos
  • 1 Post By jwinch2
  • 1 Post By NickA
  • 1 Post By andrewkeith5
  • 1 Post By philharmonik
  1. philharmonik's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    190 Posts
    Global Posts
    241 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
       #1  
    I love this phone and everything about it, but the default email is weird. My emails from the previous days all go away! How do I make it to where I can see ALL my emails, ALL the time. I've been trying in the settings, but nothing is working. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
  2. NickA's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    509 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,672 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #2  
    Did you check out Settings --> email + accounts. Then pick the e-mail account in question, and see what it says under "Download e-mail from".
    philharmonik likes this.
  3. philharmonik's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    190 Posts
    Global Posts
    241 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
       #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by NickA View Post
    Did you check out Settings --> email + accounts. Then pick the e-mail account in question, and see what it says under "Download e-mail from".
    No, I sure haven't. I will check that after work! No phones allowed where I work!:@

    Thanks!
  4. dtboos's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    606 Posts
    Global Posts
    826 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by philharmonik View Post
    I love this phone and everything about it, but the default email is weird. My emails from the previous days all go away! How do I make it to where I can see ALL my emails, ALL the time. I've been trying in the settings, but nothing is working. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
    In your settings for each mail account you have the option to:

    Download emial from:
    last 3 days
    last 7 days
    last 2 weeks
    last month
    anytime

    Just select anytime. You can also choose to sync other folders if you want by going to them and long pressing > select sync this folder.

    *edit* got beat to it.
    philharmonik likes this.
  5. philharmonik's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    190 Posts
    Global Posts
    241 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
       #5  
    Thanks guys! After I change these settings, will it go back and download all my old emails? Or will I have to start new.
  6. jwinch2's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    599 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by philharmonik View Post
    Thanks guys! After I change these settings, will it go back and download all my old emails? Or will I have to start new.
    When I set my account up with the aforementioned settings, it downloaded all of my old messages. I would assume you should be fine.
    philharmonik likes this.
  7. philharmonik's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    190 Posts
    Global Posts
    241 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
       #7  
    Found the settings. Still the same thing. Here is a screen shot of my inbox. As you can see it is not showing my email from all day.

    https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resi...Mcq4nXKHgPo68A
  8. philharmonik's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    190 Posts
    Global Posts
    241 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
       #8  
    I set it to anytime and every hour btw. Why is it when I hit sync no emails get downloaded?
  9. blehblehbleh's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    571 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by philharmonik View Post
    Found the settings. Still the same thing. Here is a screen shot of my inbox. As you can see it is not showing my email from all day.

    https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resi...Mcq4nXKHgPo68A
    Just tried it right now; did a resync like you did too. Seems to work better, possibly (not sure if it was just a delayed download), when I went into folders and than tapped the appropriate email inbox (assuming your inboxes aren't linked). After that it all started to download.

    Hope it works for you.
  10. philharmonik's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    190 Posts
    Global Posts
    241 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
       #10  
    This is really starting to drive me nuts. I feel like I'm missing some obvious option or something. I have tried ALL the settings and no matter what I try, the email app keeps removing emails from previous days! I never had this problem with Android. I don't plan on returning my 920 or anything but not having access to ALL my emails is not cool.

    To be specific, if I set the "Download email from" setting to the previous month or even the last 7 days and then hit Sync. Nothing happens. Could this be related to my Outlook on my desktop PC? If I check my email on my desktop PC and get new mail, can I still go over to the 920 and download the emails again?
    Last edited by philharmonik; 11-15-2012 at 12:38 PM.
  11. Guitarpik's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    273 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #11  
    Once you select to download from anytime make sure you hit refresh on the bottom of the screen.
  12. philharmonik's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    190 Posts
    Global Posts
    241 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
       #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Guitarpik View Post
    Once you select to download from anytime make sure you hit refresh on the bottom of the screen.
    When you say refresh, do you mean Sync? I've tried that and it does nothing. Just says across the top "syncing" and then nothing.
  13. NickA's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    509 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,672 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by philharmonik View Post
    Could this be related to my Outlook on my desktop PC? If I check my email on my desktop PC and get new mail, can I still go over to the 920 and download the emails again?
    Yes. And sorry, I didn't know you had Outlook running.

    Outlook will remove the copy of the e-mail from the server after it retrieves it. I haven't used Outlook in a while, so these instructions may not be totally accurate, but you sound savvy enough that you can figure it out...

    Go to the properties of your e-mail account in Outlook. Look for an Advanced tab or something similar. You will be looking for a checkbox that says something like "Leave a copy of the email on server". Make sure it's checked. There may also be a check box that says "delete after xx number of days". Make sure that's unchecked.
    philharmonik likes this.
  14. philharmonik's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    190 Posts
    Global Posts
    241 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
       #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by NickA View Post
    Yes. And sorry, I didn't know you had Outlook running.

    Outlook will remove the copy of the e-mail from the server after it retrieves it. I haven't used Outlook in a while, so these instructions may not be totally accurate, but you sound savvy enough that you can figure it out...

    Go to the properties of your e-mail account in Outlook. Look for an Advanced tab or something similar. You will be looking for a checkbox that says something like "Leave a copy of the email on server". Make sure it's checked. There may also be a check box that says "delete after xx number of days". Make sure that's unchecked.
    Ahhhhh...yes! Thank you! I will check that when I get home.
  15. andrewkeith5's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    280 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by philharmonik View Post
    This is really starting to drive me nuts. I feel like I'm missing some obvious option or something. I have tried ALL the settings and no matter what I try, the email app keeps removing emails from previous days! I never had this problem with Android. I don't plan on returning my 920 or anything but not having access to ALL my emails is not cool.

    To be specific, if I set the "Download email from" setting to the previous month or even the last 7 days and then hit Sync. Nothing happens. Could this be related to my Outlook on my desktop PC? If I check my email on my desktop PC and get new mail, can I still go over to the 920 and download the emails again?
    Whilst you're sorting this out, bear in mind you can still access all your other emails.

    When you perform a search, at the bottom of the results list is the option so "search more in..." if you tap on the account you want to search it'll perform a search on the server and give you all the relevant emails.

    It's not a perfect solution but it should help whilst you're sorting out downloading everything :) I use it quite frequently as there's no way in the world any phone could store all of my emails and still work reliably!
    philharmonik likes this.
  16. philharmonik's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    190 Posts
    Global Posts
    241 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
       #16  
    Ok so I checked my Outlook settings and sure enough the "Leave a copy of messages on the server" was unchecked. The "remove from server after" box was unchecked so I left it alone. Hope this fixes it! :unsure:
  17. philharmonik's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    190 Posts
    Global Posts
    241 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
       #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by NickA View Post
    Yes. And sorry, I didn't know you had Outlook running.

    Outlook will remove the copy of the e-mail from the server after it retrieves it. I haven't used Outlook in a while, so these instructions may not be totally accurate, but you sound savvy enough that you can figure it out...

    Go to the properties of your e-mail account in Outlook. Look for an Advanced tab or something similar. You will be looking for a checkbox that says something like "Leave a copy of the email on server". Make sure it's checked. There may also be a check box that says "delete after xx number of days". Make sure that's unchecked.
    Thanks a bunch! This worked! Back in business. Got up this morning and all my emails were still there. I also checked email on my Outlook first and then my phone to be sure it was saving them on the server and it was. Thanks again.
    NickA likes this.

Posting Permissions

";