Emails won't sync both ways, so frustrating!

Roy Keren

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I am really frustrated with this, I have one Gmail account and one Outlook account setup and linked on the phone.
When I read or delete emails on my phone, it does not change their status on my computer.

The other way around - it used to work, not anymore.

This is a major issue for me if I want to keep the phone and use it for work and personal life.
Anyone had any idea how to fix this? Is this a limitation of Windows 8 OS?

Thanks in advance!

mr_808

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Oh, man - I think I just found a fix. It seems as though you have to re-sync the phone after you delete the message/messages.

Now, my phone is setup to sync manually. If yours is setup to sync hourly, daily, or weekly you shouldn't have to do this. You would, however, have to wait for your phone to re-sync at it's set time. Of course, if you don't want to wait you can use the refresh button at anytime when you are in your email box on your phone.

The only issue I'm running into now is when I delete emails on my phone that are from my Gmail account they don't show up in my Gmail trash folder on my PC. I can search within Gmail and find them (I have to since they don't show in my inbox anymore) but I have no idea where they are actually being stored. I don't have this problem with Hotmail though. All Hotmail messages deleted from my phone show in the deleted folder in Hotmail.

philpeeps

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
Oh, man - I think I just found a fix. It seems as though you have to re-sync the phone after you delete the message/messages.

Now, my phone is setup to sync manually. If yours is setup to sync hourly, daily, or weekly you shouldn't have to do this. You would, however, have to wait for your phone to re-sync at it's set time. Of course, if you don't want to wait you can use the refresh button at anytime when you are in your email box on your phone.

The only issue I'm running into now is when I delete emails on my phone that are from my Gmail account they don't show up in my Gmail trash folder on my PC. I can search within Gmail and find them (I have to since they don't show in my inbox anymore) but I have no idea where they are actually being stored. I don't have this problem with Hotmail though. All Hotmail messages deleted from my phone show in the deleted folder in Hotmail.

IIRC, Gmail also has some Delete to Trash option on their mobile sync website (you have to go to it from your phone): http://m.google.com/sync
This is the solution. Without this change, Gmail moves it to the "All Mail" archive folder. Once you make the change by accessing the link above on a mobile device, Gmail will move it to the trash.

NickA

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site

There was a thread yesterday with the OP having the same issue. For me, it's hit or miss. Sometimes it works, sometimes not so much. It's like this on everything buy my Android phones when using GMail, which makes sense.

Anyway, this solution (re-sync) seems to work. It's kind of a pain and hopefully it gets fixed soon. The only thing is, I think it's Google and not Windows that needs fixed.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb