Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    I just got my Lumia today and I just noticed that my calendar in month view shows some type of writing in another language. I'm not sure what it says...is that normal?

Global Posts
    912 Global Posts
    I noticed that too. Very odd.

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

Yes it's norm. Windows phone in calendar view does not show the actual event on the calendar.... It just does that as a filler to show you that you have something scheduled on that day

Yeah, I had no idea what was going when I first saw that after trying to customize the calendar. I just ended up using a Google calendar app since I like being able to see what I have going on at a quick glance :)

Mine looks like it's in German or something and it's annoying.

lol i never noticed that before, wtf mine is like latin or something. Why not just make it the same as the appointment

LOL, too funny because today I had lunch with my younger brother, who's Lumia 900 is the reason I switched from iPhone to the 920. Anyway, I pointed this out to him and he wouldn't believe me, stating that "No, it tells you what the appointment is." When I showed him on my 920, he was able to actually make it out. "Wow, your screen is so sharp and clear, I see what you're talking about!"

Looks Latin to me. I'll have to look into this Google calendar app!

Seriously? I have a 900 and I just assumed the resolution was too low to read it. Well that's kind of disappointing, but o well.

Global Posts
    2,698 Global Posts
    LMAO!

Thanked by:

Global Posts
    547 Global Posts
    If you want appointment info a glance, let the calendar app be the one to put detailed status on the lock screen and it is very convenient... That's what I'm doing and it works well for me.

Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Well... Nice find. I did not notice it until you posted the screen shot. I just assumed that those words are my calendar appointments.

When I actually select the dates that have these wordings, the day view shows my actual appoints for that day. The days I don't have any appointments, that language doesn't show up.

Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    wow lol MINE IS in english but its very hard to read

Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    What the heck? That's downright silly. Why not have the actual appointment there!?

Funny, I never noticed that either. I also couldn't read it on my old WP7 phone because the screen wasn't sharp enough.

Anyway, here is what is actually written, it's called Lorem Ipsum (basically it really is gibberish)

Lorem ipsum - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Thanked by:

The app "Simple Calendar" puts the appointments in English. Not sure why Microsoft doesn't.
    just a placeholder i guess or an egg