EE (UK) Stock Update SMS - Lumia 920

Andy_McG84

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
I just got a 'Stock Update' sms off EE which states:

"Hi from EE. Just to let you know we haven't forgotten about your new phone. We'll be in touch soon to let you know when it's on the way. Thanks for your patience."

Light at the end of the tunnel or a false dawn?

I was 90% sure I was gonna cancel my pre-order and buy one on contract from an EE store tonight, now I dont know what to do!

Anyone in the same situation?
What you gonna do?

sudakoma

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
I was in the same position, I pre-ordered online but got fed up with the waiting, especially when the stores started to get stock. I went to my local Phones4u and signed up for the same EE contract I had pre-ordered and then cancelled my pre-order.

Don't wait any longer, the 920 is amazing!

Jammo

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
They started sending out the phone yesterday but by all accounts they didn't have a full allocation of stock to cover all the orders and more stock is coming in.

Boggy79

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I got the same. First time they've contacted me about the order without me chasing them beforehand.

Hopefully this is the end of the debacle but I'm not getting my hopes up. I hope the phone is worth it, feeling like I'm going to regret changing network after 12 years without any problems.

Andy_McG84

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
I was in the same position, I pre-ordered online but got fed up with the waiting, especially when the stores started to get stock. I went to my local Phones4u and signed up for the same EE contract I had pre-ordered and then cancelled my pre-order.

Don't wait any longer, the 920 is amazing!
My problem is that the handset price has gone up ?140 since I pre-ordered and I cant bring myself to pay the extra for something that, in effect, I already own.

My wait goes on

sudakoma

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
My problem is that the handset price has gone up ?140 since I pre-ordered and I cant bring myself to pay the extra for something that, in effect, I already own.

My wait goes on

In my case the handset price had gone up from the ?29.99 EE pre-order price to ?109 from Phones4u. I was offered ?80 trade-in price for my old Lumia 800 so that eased the pill of the increase in price for the handset.

To be honest, I initially walked out of the shop but after waiting so long for this release (my O2 contract was up in June and I was holding out for my options) and then finally getting to hold a 920 I just couldn't go home empty handed. :blush:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)