11-15-2012 09:45 AM
- I'm looking to see if anyone that has experience with both the Xbox Music Pass and Nokia Music would be willing to share a small comparison of the two.
So far, all I've really seen that makes me want to pay for Xbox Music Pass is that I can also run it on my xbox 360. I don't use media center extender currently but the music pass might convince me to play music through my xbox and tv (I'm too cheap to buy the JBL Powerup :) ).11-15-2012 07:52 AM
- Nokia music has been giving me pretty terrible matches. Pandora for wp8 will be out soon with a year of ad free music.
But between Nokia and Xbox... With Xbox you can tell it what band to play, what cd to play, what song to play, and it will play it. Nokia and Pandora don't allow that. Xbox music pass also allows you to enter an artist or song to stream similar music.
If you're happy with what Nokia and Pandora can offer, don't waste the money.11-15-2012 09:21 AM
- nokia music has been useless for me. The match thing pulls of some real unknown bands that don't even match that well. Its an inferior Pandora.
Xbox music is a superior spotify. Still deciding if its worth 100 a year... but that's only because I don't listen to a TON of music. If I did, It would be a no brainer for me.11-15-2012 09:28 AM
- 2-year ZunePass (now xbox music) user here. Here's how I use it:
When my current music gets stale, I'll run Pandora for a little to find some new artists (Smart DJ just isn't as good). Once I've loaded up on a few new bands, I go to xbox music to download their albums (there are a few, like Explosions in the Sky or Sufjan that aren't on there, but that's an outlier).
Being able to play the song I want, when I want, and repeat it is worth every penny of the monthly fee. Not having commercials is icing on the cake.11-15-2012 09:33 AM
- If you think of all the available music as a theme park, using Nokia Music is like taking a guided tour that you can influence but not directly control what ride you go on next, and Xbox Music offers either guided tours via Smart DJ or lets you wander off on your own and do anything you want in any order.
Nokia Music is fun, but I much prefer the choice Xbox Music provides. If you listen to lots of music it's well worth the money.11-15-2012 09:45 AMLike 1
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD