Returning Lumia to different store?

5tephen

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I was wondering about returning my Lumia to another store that's closer to me now that they have Lumias in stock. Anyone ever tried this? My current black Lumia is stuck on the Nokia boot screen and I've found no combo of buttons to get any response besides rebooting and getting stuck again. Do I need to take it back to the original store of purchase?

ZombieBacchus

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
As long as you purchased the phone at a corporate store and the store you want to exchange it at is also a corporate store then there should be no issue. I had to do that 2 years ago with my original Titan.

5tephen

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Ah well looks like I'll be driving then. I purchased from a corporate store but the store in town is an authorized retailer. Thanks for the info though that way I don't go n there and get disappointed.

wamsille

Banned
Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I attempted to do a return/exchange at another store when I was upset with my HTC One X before going back to the Lumia 900 and I was told I couldn't return/exchange at another corporate store.

anon(2255)

Feb 8, 2009
Visit site
If you purchase at a corporate store, you can return at ANY corporate store. They wanted to deny you the return because it makes their numbers look bad. If you questioned or tried to speak to the manager, they would have let it go no problem. Retail cell phone stores and their reps get **** upon by the carriers, I worked for Sprint & AT&T. BUt... Not my problem anymore :D

XuXo

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I bought the Cyan Lumia 920 online last wednesday and I got it 2 days ago, and I dropped yesterday :( has a considerable dent on the upper right corner and I'm planing to returned and get a different one in black color at the corporate store. Do you guys think I'll have any kind of issues returning it because the dent? or maybe because I ordered online? (excuse my grammar English is not my primary language)

Last edited:

eallan

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I bought the Cyan Lumia 920 online last wednesday and I got it 2 days ago, and I dropped yesterday :( has a considerable dent on the upper right corner and I'm planing to returned and get a different one in black color at the corporate store. Do you guys think I'll have any kind of issues returning it because the dent? or maybe because I ordered online? (excuse my grammar English is not my primary language)

What? Why on earth would they exchange it with visible damage from you?

XuXo

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I'm not planning to exchange it I'm planning to returned, pay my $35 fee and get another one in different color

vizagdude

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
I seriously doubt they will exchange if there is visible damage on the phone.

The restocking fee is only for good condition phones. Hope you can get away with it.

good luck!!!

XuXo

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Well I went to the ATT store and they ordered the Cyan 920 for me and I had to leave the damaged one at the store because I have my lumia 900 and I can still use it. I just have to wait for the replacement phone. Everything worked great. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720