"Unlockable" AT&T 920's for sale

zukirin

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
Technically they ARE unlockable, just not at the moment. Now if you interpreted that as unlocked, that's a different story :p.

I've been keeping an eye on people attempting to unlock AT&T phones but no one has successfully done it yet.

Alex Rodriguez

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I tried again today and the AT&T guy on the phone told me me that the phone is exclusive and can't be unlocked , then i ask if later after the exclusivity period ends and he said no. I mentioned to him what happened with the lumia 900 that after the exclusivity period can be unlocked and he still said no. Let's see what happens

vioalas

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
I tried again today and the AT&T guy on the phone told me me that the phone is exclusive and can't be unlocked , then i ask if later after the exclusivity period ends and he said no. I mentioned to him what happened with the lumia 900 that after the exclusivity period can be unlocked and he still said no. Let's see what happens

CSRs know nothing, sadly. It'll probably be like the 900.

MDak280

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I actually contacted the seller of those listings, this was our conversation:

"Dear signacollectibles,

Hi. I was just wondering, what do you mean when you say "Unlockable" in the title of your AT&T Nokia Lumia 920 listing? Could you share with me how to unlock it, or was that just a mistake when you put it in the title?

Thanks.

Dear ranarid,

No it was not a mistake.. my friend has his unlocked for sprint. it was done buy one of those "we fix cell phone" places.. Thank you

Dear signacollectibles,

Hmm, that's strange. Not sure how your friend could have got it working on Sprint; I don't think they use SIM cards. Do you know exactly which place, or no? If not, that's fine, thanks for the info!

Dear ranaridi,

Not sure..."

So the seller probably just put that in the title to attract attention to his listings... if anyone finds out of any online unlocking services that actually can unlock the 920, or of any third party retailers that are selling unlocked 920s at a decent price please keep us posted.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss