Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

View Poll Results: Hows is your L920

Voters
320. You may not vote on this poll
  • No issues working as expected

199 62.19%
  • I am having issues

111 34.69%
  • What a stupid question never ask me anything again

10 3.13%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    Battery life has been up and down, but today it's been pretty good. I expect battery life on WP8 to be weaker than WP7 overall given background agents are more robust now, and people will be running apps like Nokia Drive in the background, sometimes unknowingly.

There's an issue with audio where it plays a track at half volume, and the only fix seems to be playing another track, then going back to the first track.

I've also seen some weirdness with the camera where it seems to be hunting to show the current exposure in the viewfinder, especially if using flash. Not a biggie.

I'm not crazy about the behavior where touches aren't registered a second or so after I jump to the app switcher.

The device gets warm at odd times, but I've never had an issue where it got too hot, even while downloading something over the cellular network and being on a call for a couple of hours.

Overall, it feels like there's a lot of things that'll be fixed with firmware updates. I'm really happy with my 920 and Windows Phone in general.
    Microsoft Store employee; opinions are mine.

I'm on the Twitters.

Everything is perfect for me other than random freezing while using bluetooth headphones. Its a real shame that I have to go back to wired headphones when I have my nice pair of bluetooth ones. I guess I will just have to wait for an update to fix it. Its not a deal breaker for me.

At first my White L920 battery life was not as good as I expected it to be. I turned of "as it arrives" on my email a selected every 15 minutes and now I am experiencing, far better battery life.

Steve

Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    I have an unlocked Lumia 920, German version and Im not having any issue, at least none that I find relevant.
    So far I have only notice three things:

I turned off the blutooth and NFC as I dont really use them, but if they are turned on the phone gets a little warm, nothing to worry about.
    I also manage to make it reboot once, but i was actually messing around with app & system settings, and I havent been able to do it again.
    Angry Birds Star Wars wont connect to Xbox Live no matter what I try.

I wanted to hard reset my phone to test if it would brick or not, but the preinstalled apps have higher version numbers than those in the app store, and I actually use a couple of them...
    Thanked by:
    TechAbstract likes this.

so far so good, battery life is good, camera video recorder is awesome
    Speed from my Surface

Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    No issues, NL920 (white) on AT&T.

Nokia Maps is unable to get directions based on current location. Location pin point seems to be an issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodThings2Life View Post
    I am having issues. My phone was working great, initially, but since I started tinkering with settings to help troubleshoot battery issues, I actually started HAVING battery issues.

On top of that, I have 3 audio issues that are problems... can't play WAV sound files (voicemail attachments from my email system that worked great on the 900), a TRIPLE ding (two text + one email notifications) while on a call (instead of just one email notice), and music does NOT pause automatically when disconnecting headphones.

I have to say that there is definitely something quirky about this firmware release, and I can't tell if it's Microsoft or Nokia to blame yet. Whether I keep this or switch to an 8X remains to be seen on how the companies handle these issues.
    Hrm that's interesting, I just tested the headphone thing and mine paused the instant I unplugged the headphones.
    Only other issue(s) I ran into on mine were that my BT car stereo doesn't support WinPhone8 AVRCP to control forward/previous on the car radio itself, I now have to use the phone to control song. It's a Pioneer thing though not Nokia/Microsoft. Other than that WinPhone8 doesn't support Zune subscription content. I transferred my entire collection and had to delete and re-download everything through Xbox Music instead..

Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    I'm actually having a strange issue I don't think anyone else has really addressed. But for some reason the responsiveness of the screen has decreased. It seems like there is a slight lag when I'm scrolling. Not sure if I should look more into it or try and exchange it at AT&T.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    19,947 Global Posts
    I honestly don't know. The rattling part when my camera vibrates. Not sure if it's an issue or not.

Battery life = better after turning off "Tap+Send" and "Display+Touch".

WPCentral Mod | Retired Android Central Mod | CrackBerry Mod

I've had my Lumia 920 for three days and have ran into a few problems.

1. People app kept crashing when trying to set a contact image manually.
    2. Notifications stopped working. Had to turn off the phone then power it back on.
    3. Last night I had a complete system lock-up. Had to do a three-button reset to bring it back to life.

I haven't really had issues with the phone, the battery life and apps work just fine and it's plenty fast.... but I'm still thinking about getting rid of it for an iPhone 5. I had a WP7 device for 2 years and never had an issue, but the size of this phone is starting to bug me. I held a friend's iPhone 5 and it just seemed a lot more manageable for me, not to mention the availability of the apps is amazing. The only thing stopping me from getting the iphone will be availability... we'll see what happens.

Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    i had an issue with earpiece that was blown out... Went to att store replaced it and now everything is fine as it should be ;)

So far my experience with my red 920 has been great. Still waiting on the wireless charger from AT&T to hit my door.
    Reality, I believe is the curse.

This shows my experience trying to subscribe to a podcast over wifi.
    TechAbstract likes this.

Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    So far, I'm loving my Lumia 920. It's a better phone and OS than my old Focus and Titan. Plus, there aren't as many quirks so far as those previous phones. For example, the Focus had horrible bluetooth headset issues that were never patched or fixed in any way. The Titan had great bluetooth but fair to bad regular voice quality. My Titan also couldn't use Wi-Fi and cell data simultaneously for whatever reason. I'd have to manually switch one or the other off depending on whether or not I wanted to use Wi-Fi.

That said, the minor issues with my Lumia 920 are Nokia maps being very inferior to Bing maps. They should allow the user to pick which one to use. Battery life seems very good to me, but I disabled NFC for now anyway. Personal preference, but I like the power button on the top of the phone like the Titan but that's being extremely nitpicky. A few more color themes would be nice too especially in the blues. Why doesn't the EQ and Dolby work over bluetooth? It can't be that hard to make that happen.

Another gripe with the WP8 is the inability to pin the Internet Sharing to the start screen. I use that a lot. Maybe an app will fix that some day, although MS didn't allow it in 7.5. And maybe lastly, syncing with Windows 7 is garbage! They took three steps back from the Zune software. I can't even some playlists in WMP to sync correctly even though it did it the first time. I hope that sync app for W7 is just a stop gap until something more robust comes along.

Other than that, I'm very happy with my Lumia. I love most of Nokia's specialty apps. LTE is absolutely blazing here in the New Orleans area. I see download speeds from 20-30 mbps and upload from 8-12 mbps. Latency is between 70-90 ms and a couple of times hit 50 ms. This phone is FAST!

I can't wait to get my wireless charging dock. I also plan to get the JBL Power Up speakers too (even if it is overpriced; maybe they'll have a Black Friday special).

Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Love the 920 - expecting nokia's stock to go up over the next 2 quarters by about $9.20 (not 8.20)

Gets way too hot, had it reset suddenly twice... hate that AT&T won't offer tethering to unlimited data users... hate that amazon kindle reader doesn't work on all of my books (again not a 920 issue, but effects my experience)

Love having visual voicemail back... Love the heft of the phone (doesn't feel cheap). Glass rounded edges actually feel nice - pleasantly surprised. UI is sweet and actually fun to use. Bluetooth works well with all of my devices and car. Love, Love.. Love the images stabilization camera.

sort of weird having all the different music apps sort of sharing...

Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Love the 920 - expecting nokia's stock to go up over the next 2 quarters by about $9.20 (not 8.20)

Gets way too hot, had it reset suddenly twice... hate that AT&T won't offer tethering to unlimited data users... hate that amazon kindle reader doesn't work on all of my books (again not a 920 issue, but effects my experience)

Love having visual voicemail back... Love the heft of the phone (doesn't feel cheap). Glass rounded edges actually feel nice - pleasantly surprised. UI is sweet and actually fun to use. Bluetooth works well with all of my devices and car. Love, Love.. Love the images stabilization camera.

sort of weird having all the different music apps sort of sharing...

Bad

Syncing with windows 7 is hit or miss. Some playlists don't bring gover all the songs. I am using the windows phone app. My play list shows 20 songs in windows media player but on the phone it only shows 9. Had to re-sync several times. Also, when syncing additional songs the desktop app deletes music all on it's own. Like.. If I add a check box with out unchecking anything it deletes and does what it wants.

Unable to download mp3 attachments (at least if I do I can't find them on the phone)

Had the phone for about a week and it froze twice. One of the times i had to do the reset to get it back.

unable to edit skype contact information

the unlock screen is buggy. Some times the picture i have set for it just sits there bouncing when I am swiping for it to go up so I can enter my code to unlock. I have to play with it a lot to get it to slide up so I can enter pass code.

Unable to view callers contact picture during a call. I can understand if the logic is the phone is to your ear so you won't be looking at it but I use blue tooth head sets often so I like to look at the phone and multitask while on a call. I wan't to see the picture there. Every one else does this with out question. Just seems like a no brainer to me

unable to sync calendar information from old phone to new phone. Syncing contacts was difficult nough envolving all kinds of behind the curtain wizardry to accomplish this. But no luck for contacts. I would even settle for integrating facebook birthday information in to the native calendar app but I can't do that either.

Battery life seems to become suckier and suckier then when I first bought it. Maybe I will disconnect some of my accounts so there is less syncing in th ebackground. I went to settings > applications > Background tasks already. I saw little difference. I find my self scared to go outside with out a charger and car charger
    Last edited by andraeseus; 11-25-2012 at 10:16 AM. Reason: adding to comment

My first smart phone. Bought it to use calendar and contacts from Outlook 2010. It won't synch. I'm paying for AT&T Extended Support so one of their agents spent hours trying to accomlish it. Time I'll never recapture through the efficiency I thought I would gain. A USB cord came with this white wonder. Why don't they use that to update Office that's supposed to be on my phone (I don't see anything familiar under that tile/button)? It looks like a costly mistake. Why believe a salesperson that's younger than my son? (Would you care to guess how many good ideas he's brought to me?)

Global Posts
    302 Global Posts
    I have nothing major with the phone other than daylight photos which I'm glad to wait for since the night time pictures are so awesome! Also I am loving these Nokia Exclusives, it makes picking a 920 a complete no brainer as far as Windows Phone go on AT&T.

Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    So my 920 has been mostly perfect, with an occasional freeze (maybe averaging 1 per week). I have many random apps loaded.
    However, I bought my dad one at the same time too, loaded basic apps for him and he has not had one issue. I setup up Hotmail and his company's Office 365 and he is loving life. He reports no issues and 2 day battery life.

I'm guessing all this is app related. The hurry to get apps done for Win8 is probably to blame, not the OS, firmware or hardware.

Same thing happens to me when ever we do an OS upgrade at work. SMS/SCCM installation packages are rushed through repackaging and testing, (for say the upgrade from XP to Win7) and this results in poor quality. Its seems at first like the new OS is to blame, but its actually, say, an app trying to lock a process like it did just fine in XP, but Win7 wont allow because of some new permission.

Factory reset and only run apps in their 2nd or 3rd revision for Win Phone 8 and I bet you'll run perfect.
    Jari P likes this.
    Banned

I'm not having "issues" as such but it's a little creaky when using it. Mainly between the screen and the body

Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    I like my yellow Lumia 920. The one issue I had was with contacts. After I transferred the contacts from my HTC device to the 920 with the Nokia app , I could not access some contacts. Trying to to do so, the phone went back to either the history page or the home page (depending on where I started when trying to click on the contact). I was able to solve the issue by deleting the LinkedIn app. My wife's Lumia 920 (Cyan) did not have the same issues. Other that that I love the phone so far.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast