Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

View Poll Results: Hows is your L920

Voters
320. You may not vote on this poll
  • No issues working as expected

199 62.19%
  • I am having issues

111 34.69%
  • What a stupid question never ask me anything again

10 3.13%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Well after 5 hard resets and turning off nearly every feature which is the reason I purchased the Lumia 920 I get a whopping 3 1/2 - 4 hours with light to moderate use. Also the screen dims on it own and I keep receiving deleted emails until I log in on my pc and delete them.... Check a few emails, a few text to my family and maybe a couple of visits to this sight using data and or wifi.it drains fast. One other thing is you'll grain the battery while it's plugged into a charger. My other phones did not do that.

Sorry people but nobody can convince me to keep this paper weight. Bahh Bahhh Back to my iphone

Global Posts
    762 Global Posts
    My Cyan Lumia 920 is perfect so far. I am still trying to find an issue with it.

I read in other forums that the Sykpe app is a huge battery drain and that would explain the the heat. I hope Microsoft will issue an update soon to fix that

Quote Originally Posted by PhilR8 View Post
    I miss the Nokia Blue accent that I had on my 900.
    You will never get the colors of the Lumia 900 because of the different display technology (AMOLED versus LCD)

Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    i was having signal issues, but i exchanged my phone and now its fine

The only issue I have is the occasional lock up. But I did have a heart attack one morning when my phone wouldn't turn on.

Went on this website and did the "hold - volume + power for 10 seconds" trick and I was relieved to see it boot. No idea why it happened.

Overall though, durable and sexy phone 😋

my only issue right now is that I keep pressing the search button by accident!! I think I need a bigger phone my thumbs are too big lol.

Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Got very hot on day one and big battery drain with minimal use (yes this was used minimally to see if I can avoid the 'new phone honeymoon effect') . I turned off Tap+Send afterwards. Got very warm, but not as hot (day 1) on Day 2. One random reboot on Day 2 later in the evening. Day 3 is about half way done, but not really using the phone that much except for setting up the Live Tiles. Haven't done a full battery drain and recharge yet.

I had the "battery drain issue" but disabling NFC and uninstalling Nokia Drive Beta seemed to fix that. A few minor issues playing videos, but no other issues. I'm keeping the phone and hope the issues are resolved sooner rather than later..

I have had one issue with my white L920 the biggest one is the Alarm. I don't konw if it's not loud enough but I do not hear it in the morning and it makes me mad because I don't wanna be late for work or anything luckly I always have a back up. Other then that my Lumia has been working awesome and I can't wait to see what else Mircosoft have to offer on there next update :D

LMAO Dude you too I've done that numberous times I thought it was just acting werid then I realize I've been doing it all along

Quote Originally Posted by FikeMernandez View Post
    I haven't been able to find anyone with a similar problem on-line, but I recently had one heat and shut down issue.

yesterday I was supposed to have a skype meeting with someone, and i decided what a great chance to try out my phone with skype. The meeting went about 10 or 15 minutes, which, to be fair, is a long time to skype on a phone. I had the phone charging while I did this too, propped up on my desk in front of me. After about 10 or 15 minutes, the phone shut down, which I thought was odd since it was plugged in and charging. Then i realized the phone got REALLY hot on the backside, almost hard to hold it was so hot. I let it cool down before I powered it back up and it seems to be working just fine now.

Anyway, could just be that 10 minutes is too long to have a video chat on this phone, or maybe any phone.

Also, I am having some concerns with the battery, but it's too inconsistant right now for me to tell if it's an issue, or i just use it a lot because it's new.

Love the phone otherwise.

My Lumia 920 overheats, crashes, shuts down anytime I try to use Skype Video chat. Thought I was the only one!
    Now we can be miserable together ;)

But seriously though, I'm in the forums trying to investigate this exact issue. Are others with a Lumia 920 having long (and cool) Skype video calls?

My phone isn't heating up that much with any other activity except for when I ran the Flashlight-X app and then put the screen to sleep after I was done using it. Picked the phone up five minutes later and the phone was cooking like I just tried another Skype video call! "Cleared" the Flashlight-X out of the active queue and the phone began to cool down immediately.
    I also was surprised to find I can no longer zoom in for a photo! what up Nokia? Is there an app for that? or is it coming in an update?

Quote Originally Posted by angelic stormtrooper View Post
    I also was surprised to find I can no longer zoom in for a photo! what up Nokia? Is there an app for that? or is it coming in an update?
    You can, pinch to zoom!

Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Anyone having issues with call quality? Most everyone I talk to is constantly asking me to repeat myself. Was never an issue on my last phone.

No issues at all. Battery and battery app are all one could expect. Like the live tiles and how easy it is too manage customization. Have enjoyed dealing with the learning curve of
    switching from Android phones to Windows. Really no different than the change from Windows 7 to Windows 8 on my desktop.

Having zero issues/problem with my Stormtrooper 920. Highly recommend the Skull Candy Speck white and black case. I have only seen the case in White and black. Received many compliments over the long weekend while wetting my whistle at some of the the finer drinking establishments in my town!

Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    enjoying my shiny new Red L920... my issues are with old palm data export/import to new phone
    Palm IV >LG VX4100 >Palm Treo 600 >Palm Centro >Palm Pre Plus >Nokia Lumia 920 >Nokia Lumia 1520

Cellular One >Verizon >AT&T
    my yellow polycarbonate is pretty scratched up, only after a week, in my pocket with nothing else in it most of the time. then again its probably not the polycarbonate but the glossy coating that is being scratched.

Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    I love the phone but I am on my second one and maybe soon to be third. Still having battery issues, and when I use smart glass the phone feels like its about to self combust in my hand. It gets so hot and it finally just goes blank. Phone is still on it just has black screen for about 30 seconds then the capacitive buttons light up and then I get my screen back. Was wondering if anyone else has this problem

Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    i'm on my 2nd lumia 920. the first one i purchased at a att store was buggy as ****.

purchased it on friday after work. over the weekend, it froze on me twice and for some weird reason, several tiles simply refused to display the pictures.

returned the sucker on monday, called att and ordered another one. i was hoping it was an isolated incident and i was right. i received my 2nd lumia (this time white but i should have kept the red) and i've been playing around with it for about 2 wks now and i haven't had a single issue with the phone.

I love the phone, but my 920 will not charge on the wireless charger. I read where it should take about 4 hours to go from 0 to 100%, and I even had ATT send me a 2nd charger....going to go back to the retail store and just see about getting a swap tomorrow.

Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MrPierce419 View Post
    I love the phone, but my 920 will not charge on the wireless charger. I read where it should take about 4 hours to go from 0 to 100%, and I even had ATT send me a 2nd charger....going to go back to the retail store and just see about getting a swap tomorrow.
    hopefully, its the pad not the phone. do you have any case on the 920?

Quote Originally Posted by JConn_Lefty View Post
    hopefully, its the pad not the phone. do you have any case on the 920?
    No, I might get the otterbox for it later, though.

Love the phone. The only trouble I'm having is with the messaging. I can't download media content is a text message that was sent to me. I don't know if it's AT&T or the phone; another thread said there was an app that could help fix it but it's not available in the AT&T app store.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast