Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Global Posts
    1,444 Global Posts
    I am curious to know how much your estimated battery life is right after you unplug from your charger after a full recharge.

Every day i charge my phone, i unplug and it always says 1 day 15 hours estimated time remaining. Not once i had anything different.

I've seen people post that they had like 2 or 3 days remaining and those people seem to have good battery left or that is what they are telling us.

Never once have i gotten more than 1 day 15 hours at any point in the day, i've always had that right after unplugging and then drops to liek 7 hours with little usage.

So who thinks its possible to determine if your battery sucks if your battery shows 1 day 15 hours all the time vs. determining your battery is good when your estimated time reflects different based on your usage?

I for one, my battery always show 1 day 15 hours after recharge everytime and my battery has sucked so far. :@

Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    Mine varies. Today it was 3 days 1 hour. Yesterday it was something like 2 days 14 hours.

Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    This morning it said 3 days 10 hours or something like that.
    Nokia Lumia 920 | Rogers Wireless Canada
    HP Touchpad 32GB CM 9 ICS

Global Posts
    1,444 Global Posts
    Do you guys get good battery life or bad?

Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    I get pretty good life. Never what the estimate says... I suppose I would if I didn't use it as much. But I use my phone a moderate to heavy amount each day and after 15 or so hours I usually throw it on the charger with 30%+ remaining.

Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dkp23 View Post
    Do you guys get good battery life or bad?
    Mine's very good except playing games drains it at 1% per minute.

I got mine on November 1st from Rogers.
    Nokia Lumia 920 | Rogers Wireless Canada
    HP Touchpad 32GB CM 9 ICS

Global Posts
    1,244 Global Posts
    Mine this morning after unplug said 6 hours, now at 96% it says 1 day (*_*)

Now at 89% and 6 hours remaining....all I've done is browse the forums in the wpcentral app over wifi

Now 85% and 5 hours :(
    Last edited by irvin792; 11-15-2012 at 12:55 PM.

Unplugged mine at 6:30 am and it said 9 hours.
    Sent a few texts, updated an app and checked the screen a few times.
    It's now 18:32 at 86% and says 2 days, 5 hours, 14 mins left!!

I am curious to know how much your estimated battery life is right after you unplug from your charger after a full recharge.

Every day i charge my phone, i unplug and it always says 1 day 15 hours estimated time remaining. Not once i had anything different.
    Exactly the same for me. It always says 1 day and 15 hours right after you take it off the charger.

There is a bug in the battery meter that corrects itself once you use an app.

For example, if you take it off the charger it says 1 day and 15 hours left. Then, if you use an app (facebook, internet, a game, etc) for a couple minutes, close the app, then wait another 15 or so minutes and check the battery level it will then show something like 3 days and 2 hours (or something much higher than 1 day and 15 hours).

I believe this is because the battery hasn't 'learned' your usage for the day and it defaults to 1 day and 15 hours every time.

Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    This is what mine shows. Granted I know I will never get that much time. (maybe if I were to let it sleep and not touch it....hmmmm).

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails wp_ss_20121115_0002.png  

Global Posts
    1,444 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Beltelmel View Post
    This is what mine shows. Granted I know I will never get that much time. (maybe if I were to let it sleep and not touch it....hmmmm).

Click to view quoted image
    how is your battery life experience overall?

that number is just an extrapolation of the time since last charge * % remaining. It is not a useful number IMO. If its been sitting idle on the charger, and you unplug it, its gonna give you a huge amount of time remaining. Spend a few minutes streaming video and even if you only consume 5% of your battery, your time remaining will drop drasticly because the rate of consumption will drop.
    ProfessorTripp likes this.

Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    how is your battery life experience overall?
    I have seen no abnormal drainage - frequent web surfing, app playing, music, etc...
    The phone does not get hot and the battery recharges fully from less than 20% in two hours.

Global Posts
    2,540 Global Posts
    Not really valid comparisons without also comparing such as how often stuff syncs and how many things you have syncing, background apps, etc..

Global Posts
    1,244 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Beltelmel View Post
    I have seen no abnormal drainage - frequent web surfing, app playing, music, etc...
    The phone does not get hot and the battery recharges fully from less than 20% in two hours.

see my phone gets warm just doing anything on it. Don't know if heat is the issue and some if us just have bad batches. My battery is dropping like crazy, just doing my normal things. I would get a full day on my HTC titan doing more, my Nokia is lasting 4-5 hours in a full evenings charge

Global Posts
    1,444 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bauerbach View Post
    that number is just an extrapolation of the time since last charge * % remaining. It is not a useful number IMO. If its been sitting idle on the charger, and you unplug it, its gonna give you a huge amount of time remaining. Spend a few minutes streaming video and even if you only consume 5% of your battery, your time remaining will drop drasticly because the rate of consumption will drop.
    Im not concerned about the accuracy of the estimated time.

I am trying to determine why some people are getting different estimated times while i get 1 day 15 hours every single time. If there is a correlation on a static estimated time and having a bad phone and those that have variable times and have good phones.

My assumption is that having the same estimated time every single day could mean i have a bad battery or some type of buggy OS. I never experienced this with my 900 or samsung focus s, they had variable times every day. Somedays it would be 1 day and other days it would be 15 hours other days it would be 18 hours.

I am guessing a working battery and a non defective OS would be able to adjust the estimated time accordingly, for me, it just doesn't happen

Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bauerbach View Post
    I absolutely agree 100%. I posted that screenshot in response to the op's question.

Global Posts
    2,540 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by irvin792 View Post
    see my phone gets warm just doing anything on it. Don't know if heat is the issue and some if us just have bad batches. My battery is dropping like crazy, just doing my normal things. I would get a full day on my HTC titan doing more, my Nokia is lasting 4-5 hours in a full evenings charge
    Do you use LTE and how is the coverage there? How is the general signal reception? Heat is often to do with the antenna working overtime, often due to struggling to keep decent signal.

Global Posts
    604 Global Posts
    1 day 15 hours every time I charge it. Extremely poor life. See my thread

Global Posts
    178 Global Posts
    im down at 56% since my last charge at 15 hours ago... my phone saying ive got 2 days 1 hour still left.. i cant complain lol

Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    I turned off NFC and the super sensitive screen option. Think these 2 might contribute. I have 83% with 19 hours left after 6 hours light use. Sounds about right

Global Posts
    604 Global Posts
    If we continue to turn things off we won't have any new features left to use lol. Silly Microsoft and their buggy aoftware
    Thanked by:

are these battery issues also effecting the 8x/820?

I presumed this was a 920 issue.

I took my phone off charge last night around 10:00 PM. Its 3:45 PM of the next day now. I'm still around 90% charge. Listened to music on the way to work via bluetooth to car stereo, sent a few texts, a call or two and some light browsing.

My old device would take a major hit to the battery running the bluetooth audio. Didn't even put a dent on this phones battery.

Though I believe there does exist an issue with some devices I gather to say that many are simply running their phones down with overuse. I would expect to see many of the people here with battery issues to go away once they have setteled in with their new device.

Global Posts
    4,041 Global Posts
    PIN
    Private Message
    The most I've ever seen mine say is 5-6 days. Coming off the charger its around 1-3 days (i'll check in the morning and post again) but right now its 2 days 18 hours with 69% left on the battery.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast