Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By aced411

Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    I deleted my original message but ended up getting responses so here is the gist: I was being indecisive about upgrading to a Lumia 920 from an iPhone 4s. I cited the bulkiness of the lumia as my main concern (carrying in pocket)
    Last edited by aced411; 11-15-2012 at 05:29 PM.

Global Posts
    45 Global Posts

Enough Said

In terms of quality, and this is purely my opinion - but you're either going with an iPhone 5 or a Lumia 920.

That's just my opinion. Frankly, I think the iPhone 4 is a better product than the 5, but whatever. I'm just saying for build and material quality Apple and Nokia are the two main companies out there to look at.

HTC has it's followers but the phones just don't feel right to me. They're just a slight step down from Apple and Nokia. Samsung then follows - a good distance behind with it's Galaxy series.

It's all opinion. Go to a store, pick one up and try it out. I love the way the Lumia 920 feels in hand. I've had iPhones for years - and I always noticed them in pocket. I pat my pocket constantly now because I can't tell if my phone is in there and it's not only heavier but it's substantially larger than my iPhone 4 was.

The 920 just has fantastic ergonomics. Again, opinion. Someone with smaller hands may not feel the same way, obviously. My wife is nowhere near my size and she also loves her 920 - coming from an iPhone, as well.

If you get it from AT&T you've got 14 days to try it and return it if you don't like it.

I personally felt like Apple really didn't hit the target with the iPhone 5 so I, and my family, switched to the 920. We all love it. I have no regrets leaving iOS at all. In fact, I'm quite happy to be switched to WP8. There are some differences that got my attention at first, but overall and over time I much prefer WP8 at this point.

The last update to iOS really sealed the deal, too.

Just my 2 cents.

Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Prophet View Post
    In terms of quality, and this is purely my opinion - but you're either going with an iPhone 5 or a Lumia 920.

That's just my opinion. Frankly, I think the iPhone 4 is a better product than the 5, but whatever. I'm just saying for build and material quality Apple and Nokia are the two main companies out there to look at.

HTC has it's followers but the phones just don't feel right to me. They're just a slight step down from Apple and Nokia. Samsung then follows - a good distance behind with it's Galaxy series.

It's all opinion. Go to a store, pick one up and try it out. I love the way the Lumia 920 feels in hand. I've had iPhones for years - and I always noticed them in pocket. I pat my pocket constantly now because I can't tell if my phone is in there and it's not only heavier but it's substantially larger than my iPhone 4 was.

The 920 just has fantastic ergonomics. Again, opinion. Someone with smaller hands may not feel the same way, obviously. My wife is nowhere near my size and she also loves her 920 - coming from an iPhone, as well.

If you get it from AT&T you've got 14 days to try it and return it if you don't like it.

I personally felt like Apple really didn't hit the target with the iPhone 5 so I, and my family, switched to the 920. We all love it. I have no regrets leaving iOS at all. In fact, I'm quite happy to be switched to WP8. There are some differences that got my attention at first, but overall and over time I much prefer WP8 at this point.

The last update to iOS really sealed the deal, too.

Just my 2 cents.
    I just pulled the trigger. AT&T gave me a month early on my upgrade deal. I got the charger and shipping waived. With the 14-day buyer's remorse, it's not a huge risk.
    KoukiFC3S likes this.

Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Anyone know of good earbuds that are similar to Apple's that have controls? I can't stand the kind that go inside the ear canal. Must have mute, track skip and a working mic. Would prefer if there were volume controls. Why in the heck doesn't Nokia include any?

Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    I think you should get a Lumia 920. Why? Because it's better than any other phone out there. Boom.

Global Posts
    298 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aced411 View Post
    Anyone know of good earbuds that are similar to Apple's that have controls? I can't stand the kind that go inside the ear canal. Must have mute, track skip and a working mic. Would prefer if there were volume controls. Why in the heck doesn't Nokia include any?
    You need to ask ATT about it. The unlocked versions have the nokia head phones. You can always buy the head phones in amazon. Nokia has a wide range of head phones

Quote Originally Posted by awesomeindeed View Post
    I think you should get a Lumia 920. Why? Because it's better than any other phone out there. Boom.
    I dunno about that lol. It's a good phone but definitely needs a lot of work yet. It's going in the right direction.

I also decided to ditch going with another iPhone, I'm coming from a 4 and decided to go with the L920 this time around. I never was impressed with the 5 actually and laughed at the obvious improvement being the elongated screen but no change to the width of the screen or the overal look of the home screen etc. It's like, didn't they do this two release ago and just up the screen height a tad and throw in faster this, sharper that???? not compelling enough to make me drop 399 for a 64G iPhone.