Yellow tint on Windows keys (Search, Home, Back)??

ryzama

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Hey Guys, I just got my Lumia 920 a couple days ago, and have noticed the home keys have a sorta yellow glow about them... instead of what I expected to be a very clean white glow.
Anyone else experiencing this? I am not sure if I should return the device if I am just going to get another one with the same issue? if it is even an issue? It bugs me, but if it?s normal nothing I can do about it.

Lemmiwinkles

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Mine is the same, whereas the 820 has bright white buttons. I think Nokia have done this on purpose because the 920 has such a warmer screen. If the keys were bright white the 'white' on the display would look very off.

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I was reading somewhere (here or another wp site forum, can't remember) that the second set of 820 devices people are getting have whiter capacitive buttons than the first. Kind of hoping that someone getting a 920 from ATT will say the same thing so I can exchange my phone. It is the only non-sexy thing about the 920's design (esp. with the white version).

Fuzzy John

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
I was reading somewhere (here or another wp site forum, can't remember) that the second set of 820 devices people are getting have whiter capacitive buttons than the first. Kind of hoping that someone getting a 920 from ATT will say the same thing so I can exchange my phone. It is the only non-sexy thing about the 920's design (esp. with the white version).

Unless my eyes fail me my buttons are white. I got my 920 from an AT&T store on Nov. 9 when they opened.

jayruguitar

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Exchanged my 920 yesterday for the battery issue and my new handset's capacitive buttons are NOTICEABLY whiter. Battery is much improved but rattle is worse. Oh well, I can live w/ that as a notifier. 😎

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Exchanged my 920 yesterday for the battery issue and my new handset's capacitive buttons are NOTICEABLY whiter. Battery is much improved but rattle is worse. Oh well, I can live w/ that as a notifier. 
Well it looks like a trip to ATT may be in order then. My phone is perfect otherwise but when buying a phone new, you shouldn't have to settle on any quality defects.

Rico

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
I have yellowish buttons here, and I really don't consider that to be an issue. Consistently poor battery life or a phone that constantly resets or whatever the issues people are having with the 920 would certainly warrant a return for me, bit not this.

doctordowling

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
Took me two exchanges to get one with white buttons. All the display models were yellow as well so I had a hard time making a case to the retail employee

Lindell

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
My first 920 had white buttons exchanged it because of a faulty headphone socket and the buttons are a dirty yellow colour! I want my white buttons back !

kebnt

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
My first black had yellowish buttons. The white I had had all white buttons. The red I just got a few days ago has different colors....the back and search button are yellowish, while the windows button is bright white...

irvin792

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
My current phone has whiter buttons than the new one I just got, bit the rattle does not exist on the new one, so you can keep your slightly whiter buttons ;)

MSkulker

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
My wife's white 920 has white buttons, but my daughter's yellow 920 has yellowish buttons. In this case, it works out pretty well. :)

s0briquet

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I have a cyan from best buy, and the buttons definitely have a yellow tint. I also have major battery issues, and the screen scratches like a lottery ticket, so it looks like i will need to replace. I will update when I get the new one. Otherwise, I love this phone! (or at least everything that it is supposed to be)

Zenite

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Uuh I am stunned! People are for real returning their phones if keys are little bit yellowish? And the repair service etc. accepts the change?!

americasteam

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Yep, yellow tint here also. Otherwise, my phone is perfect, so I'll be keeping what I have. I'd feel pretty silly trying to exchange for this reason anyway.

Matt Fara

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
The real issue here is the inconsistency between device.
People are returning their yellowish units because they know there are whiter/brighter units available.
Buying a device should not be like playing the lottery.
I received a replacement phone and the display on it is horrid, whites look yellow, and blacks do not look nearly as black.

irvin792

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
The real issue here is the inconsistency between device.
People are returning their yellowish units because they know there are whiter/brighter units available.
Buying a device should not be like playing the lottery.
I received a replacement phone and the display on it is horrid, whites look yellow, and blacks do not look nearly as black.
true, but if everything is working as it should and the only issue is the button led color......well that's just silly. My phone has the yellow buttons but the screen has the same white and black levels as the phone with white buttons.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans