Nokia Free CHarger

lordofthereef

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone else had issues filling out the form on the nokia free charger website? I tried to fill mine out today and it says my IMEI isn't valid. Is this website not set up for the US or something? Also, it asks for the date of purchase, and there is a drop down bar. The latest date is November 2. It wasn't even available in the US at that point in time.

bear_lx

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
att sent me a free charging plate at the time i purchased my 920. however they did say it would be shipping at a later date

Boggy79

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I believe that site is for UK only. The phone number at the bottom is UK format and the phone was supposedly released on the 2nd over here.

lordofthereef

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
att sent me a free charging plate at the time i purchased my 920. however they did say it would be shipping at a later date

Something tells me the carriers (i.e. AT&T) are responsible for doing this for US customers...

I actually got mine with AT&T. My wife bought the phone through Best Buy and they are being dumb. Neither AT&T not Best Buy claims they can help her. I figured this would work, but it looks like it's not going to stateside (the callback number is also for Europe). Oh well. Guess Best Buy gets a returned phone...

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Best Buy never said you'd get a free charger...and they have never price matched "Buy X Get X", I don't know of any companies that will price match that kind of deal.

BellaRed

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
It seems you have to wait 14 days from purchase ( when return window ends). I got my 820 on the 9th nov so I guess I may have to wait until the 23rd.

Do you all have unique codes? CPW says I have to contact Nokia for my plate and win 8 Pro codes.

lordofthereef

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Best Buy never said you'd get a free charger...and they have never price matched "Buy X Get X", I don't know of any companies that will price match that kind of deal.
My understanding was that this was through AT&T and Nokia anyway. When I got my free charger through them they had no idea what I was talking about. I had to insist. Finally AT&T sent me the charger through the mail. Best Buy should be able to make the order.

And for what it's worth, if Best Buy has the item in stock, they WILL price match Buy X Get X, so long as X is not a gift card. Problem is, they don't even have the charger in their system or know when/if they ever will.

lordofthereef

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
It seems you have to wait 14 days from purchase ( when return window ends). I got my 820 on the 9th nov so I guess I may have to wait until the 23rd.

Do you all have unique codes? CPW says I have to contact Nokia for my plate and win 8 Pro codes.

I don't have unique codes, I didn't know what that meant. I left it blank, but the issue the website was having was with the IMEI in the first place.

BellaRed

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
It seems we were supposed to get these codes when we bought the devices. Whether they are actually needed or not I don't know but there is a box for it to be entered.

I'm thinking that the database somehow records my imei code as being purchased on the 9th so it won't work until the 9th shows up in the date options?

There were no wp8 Nokia phones available to buy before the 9th I don't think.

We didn't really expect this to be plain sailing now did we ? Lol

cameron12x

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Is the free charger only available with a new 2-year contract?

I already had a contract with AT&T and bought the 920 outright for full AT&T retail. Should I get a "free" charger?

prjkthack

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
This is a UK-only offer, which means its not valid for those of us in the US. Just look at the form and you can clearly see this is not made for a US audience (colour? town? the phone number to call for assistance?).

If you are in the US, the only way to get a free charger would have been through AT&T. Period.

pezley

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
I got a unique code with mine ( on a nokia sticker on the box, the shop were responsible for putting these on th e920 boxes ) but the code is at home, I am at work.
I put my IMIE in with a random 5 digit number and low and behold it worked, said my Charger will ship soon. There is only a choice between white and red.

A colleague got his from Orange directly, tried the same and he got a prompt to say IMIE invalid.

anon(5352752)

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
It seems we were supposed to get these codes when we bought the devices. Whether they are actually needed or not I don't know but there is a box for it to be entered.

I'm thinking that the database somehow records my imei code as being purchased on the 9th so it won't work until the 9th shows up in the date options?

There were no wp8 Nokia phones available to buy before the 9th I don't think.

We didn't really expect this to be plain sailing now did we ? Lol

When I bought my phone and set it up yesterday there was nothing asking me to activate the phone so to speak so technically you could put the latest date in the field and potentially Nokia could be none the wiser..****, I'll play the lab rat and put a request in..see where we go from there :p

lordofthereef

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
This is a UK-only offer, which means its not valid for those of us in the US. Just look at the form and you can clearly see this is not made for a US audience (colour? town? the phone number to call for assistance?).

If you are in the US, the only way to get a free charger would have been through AT&T. Period.

To be fair, a lot of the Menus within the Lumia 920 spell things the same exact way...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett