Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Strong demand sends Red, Yellow and Cyan Lumia 920 out of stcok at AT&T.:)

Red, Yellow and Cyan Lumia 920 sold out at AT&T now. Nokiapoweruser
    I have still yet to see actual numbers. "Strong demand" is still subjective. The demand may have been stronger than supply. But if supply was low, and my gut tells me it was, then this is meaningless.

Global Posts
    195 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lordofthereef View Post
    I have still yet to see actual numbers. "Strong demand" is still subjective. The demand may have been stronger than supply. But if supply was low, and my gut tells me it was, then this is meaningless.
    I've been to 4 Corporate AT&T stores, all sold out. When I asked how much stock they had, they said 5 of each color. That's pitiful, no wonder every store is sold out.
    Thanked by:
    Quote Originally Posted by ryude View Post
    I've been to 4 Corporate AT&T stores, all sold out. When I asked how much stock they had, they said 5 of each color. That's pitiful, no wonder every store is sold out.
    Yeah, the store I purchased the Lumia had two blacks and two whites. They didn't even know they had them in until I mentioned it was launch day...

Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    yaaa i dont think there is strong demand for this phone at all.. i live in south jersey n on the launch day n i went again some other time.. there were so many people but when i talked to the manager (n this was after a week) he told me that there was only one person who came down asking for this phone n they had only sold like three phones in a week.. also they only had black white n ONLY 1 red which was sold.. sales are pathetic plus where i live.. its a very busy area.. im still FREAKING waiting for my yellow that i preordered on the 8th!

So how many units of other phones every store holds. It is usually in single digits for other phones as well. Insider info says Lumia 920 initial stocks for AT&T has been nearly 5-6 times more than Lumia 900.Not only this in UK big retailers like Clove and Expansys all are sold out of unlocked Lumia 920 in a single day.In Australia Telestra has better story to tell. They say demand is beyond amazing.

Telstra says Nokia Lumia 920 demand “beyond amazing”, “globally higher than expected” | WMPoweruser

Unlocked Lumia 920 sold out at Expansys UK in one day after reporting. Becomes top selling smartphone for this week. Nokiapoweruser

Global Posts
    604 Global Posts
    I wad on the phone with att gor an hour about my replacement cyan and they confirmed that black cyan and red are on back order from Nokia :(

Global Posts
    533 Global Posts
    Agreed.

Global Posts
    2,540 Global Posts
    Well, we have to remember that before flagship phones like these were made in two factories. In Salo, Finland and in Beijing, China. Factory here in my hometown was shut down few months back. Now, I'm sure the Beijing factory was also bigger and produced more phones than our factory here, but the factory here used to manufacture the flagshipphones for majority of Europe and a few other places, whereas Beijing supplied fe. Asia and USA. Now Beijing has to also supply the EU phones and it's no secret Nokia is more popular in the Europe than in the USA. If I wasnt bound by NDA, I could also share interesting manufacturing volumes, but I can't :D

Global Posts
    1,444 Global Posts
    The att store i went, not sure how many they had, but i'd say about 20 people were in line and most of them were getting run up lumia 920s.

Another store i went to near my area in california said they received 55 first day and sold out that day. There is some demand, but not sure if its a significant needle mover.

Global Posts
    195 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nano321 View Post
    So how many units of other phones every store holds. It is usually in single digits for other phones as well. Insider info says Lumia 920 initial stocks for AT&T has been nearly 5-6 times more than Lumia 900.Not only this in UK big retailers like Clove and Expansys all are sold out of unlocked Lumia 920 in a single day.In Australia Telestra has better story to tell. They say demand is beyond amazing.

Telstra says Nokia Lumia 920 demand “beyond amazing”, “globally higher than expected” | WMPoweruser

Unlocked Lumia 920 sold out at Expansys UK in one day after reporting. Becomes top selling smartphone for this week. Nokiapoweruser
    Idk about everywhere else, but one store I asked how many of the new Note II they had and he said 20+. That's high numbers considering how big of a phone it is. I can't imagine many people wanting a 5.5" phone.

Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    The Note2 is selling like CRAZY. I never expected the original Note to sell well, but when I was in my local AT&T store (Flagship, "experience" store) they probably sold 15 Notes in the hour I was there. Now from what I'm hearing, the Note2 is selling even better, and frankly I'm not surprised. The phone is drop dead gorgeous!

Quote Originally Posted by lordofthereef View Post
    But if supply was low, and my gut tells me it was, then this is meaningless.
    Not exactly meaningless: it means that Nokia at long last has a phone people are eager to buy and now they're scared of selling them.