Nokia Lumia 920 won't charge/boot

trevormacro

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Hello,

I have a problem with my Nokia Lumia 920.

My device doesn't boot when I push turn on even if charge the battery during 4 hours.

When I connect the powersupply cable here are the pictures:

877800failed1.jpg

185116failed2.jpg

751194failed3.jpg

785607failed4.jpg

nb. after 4 hours of charge there is only one red bar.

The device reboot every 1 minute when it is connected to the powersupply cable.

On windows XP I have BootMGR drivers.

Perhaps I need to reinstall Windows Phone 8 with a tool on Windows XP ?

Anyone can help me please?

Thank you

Last edited:

Nqobani Mpofu

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
My Nokia Lumia 920 is dead on arrival, one second it was in my hand and life was good, next it went blank and I can't turn it on or charge it.

I think the built in wireless charger might have something to do with it, no wonder the pillow wasn't in the box! This is very sad for windows 8 when the flagship device is a POS.

tomassplatch

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Hello there, I had exactly the same problem - my Lumia is not charging using the provided charger. When I plug it in, it makes the typical sound and the charging icon is showed in the notification area, but it keeps discharching. This is why my battery went dead overnight and then kept rebooting.
I had to charge it with another charger with a higher output. I think the charger is faulty, because the phone charges when connected to a PC via USB...

Anyone had the same problem?

JSNDarko

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Had a similar issue on my second 920.Battery was incredible all day yesterday, took over 200 pictures for the holiday. Got down to 10% around 10:30pm so I went into my bedroom and laid it on the wireless charge pad from Nokia. Woke up this morning and nothing, no response from any of the buttons. Tried plugging straight into the wall via the charger it came with and still nothing no vibration no response at all. Was furious, checked my skydrive to see if all my pics of family where uploaded yesterday and they where safe. Went to do hard reboot and holding all the buttons down managed to trigger a vibration after about 5 seconds so I let go and it booted up normal with 38% battery. I think there's an issue with the NFC charging and the wireless charger in general, my first 920 never charged right on it and would sometimes be dead the next morning while laying on it. Very frustrating to have to deal with all this on whats supposed to be a flagship device that we have all been waiting for for months now!

rboodro

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Had this happen to my 920 for the first time last night. It was at ~25% left and I wouldn't be home for another 2 hours, so I turned on the battery saver and put in in my pocket. Less than 10 minutes later I took it out to send a text and it was dead. I thought it was weird, but shrugged it off and waited until I got home to charge it for the night. It charged for a good 2 hours, and didn't move anywhere past that dead battery charging screen, and if I unplugged it, it just shut off due to a dead battery. It wouldn't turn on at this point without being plugged in, indicating the dead battery, and then promptly shutting off.

Here's how I fixed it:
I plugged it in and turned it on, and waited for it to reach the charging screen. Then, while it was still plugged in, I forced a device reset by holding the power and volume down buttons. The device successfully booted up, and indicated a proper charge reflecting the amount of time it had previously been plugged in.

Fortunately, this reset does not mess with any apps or settings, so it was no hassle after this. Still, it's unfortunate that the device has this problem in the first place. I'm not knowledgeable enough to know if it has to do with the wireless charging or the NFC like some others are saying though. All I know is my phone appears to be working fine now.

weis

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
... Got down to 10% around 10:30pm so I went into my bedroom and laid it on the wireless charge pad from Nokia...

Read from somewhere that if the battery level went too low you shouldn't charge it with wireless charger, should go straight to wall charger... something to do with wireless charger's less efficiency...

walid1111

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
is this have anything to do with the new update??

asking cause i didn't update mine..and battery is really more than super
it take me all day till i charge next mornin (i work 2 shefts)

txDrum

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I'm having this problem, only it happened after trying to apply Update 8.0.10211.204. The phone was plugged in at maybe 50 or 60%, and all of a sudden lost its charge and isn't powering on. Has anyone found a fix? I'm on Rogers in Canada if it matters, but I doubt it.

kajax77

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
My phone has been working flawlessly until today. All of a sudden it wouldn't detect that I had it plugged in. The battery died. Now when plugged in it just keeps rebooting, shows the fullscreen low battery sign, reboots, over and over.

Anyone else seeing this?

bsd107

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
This morning I picked my phone off of the charging plate to find it charged but WARM. I took it off the charger and made an hour long call, using headphones, at which point the battery was almost completely drained. I charged it in the car for about 10 minutes, then continued with and external battery charger, but it kept losing more and more charge even without use. It finally reached the point where it would show the black screen with battery low, then the same screen with the battery showing a question mark, then it would reboot and keep doing the same thing. I tried during this cycle to force a reset with volume down and power button, which would reset it, but it would keep going to the same cycle. Eventually it went completely dead, which it will not wake up from even on the Nokia supplies battery charger and USB cable. COMPLETELY DEAD and no way to wake it up.This is happening to me at the worst possible time, on a business trip where I NEED to use the phone and it's various features.This is my first experience with Nokia - and the last.BTW, this is an AT&T Lumia 920 I purchased from the Microsoft store on first day of availability. I have Portico and all other updates.

David Machin

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
F I X
Had this happen to my 920 for the first time last night. It was at ~25% left and I wouldn't be home for another 2 hours, so I turned on the battery saver and put in in my pocket. Less than 10 minutes later I took it out to send a text and it was dead. I thought it was weird, but shrugged it off and waited until I got home to charge it for the night. It charged for a good 2 hours, and didn't move anywhere past that dead battery charging screen, and if I unplugged it, it just shut off due to a dead battery. It wouldn't turn on at this point without being plugged in, indicating the dead battery, and then promptly shutting off. Here's how I fixed it: I plugged it in and turned it on, and waited for it to reach the charging screen. Then, while it was still plugged in, I forced a device reset by holding the power and volume down buttons. The device successfully booted up, and indicated a proper charge reflecting the amount of time it had previously been plugged in. Fortunately, this reset does not mess with any apps or settings, so it was no hassle after this. Still, it's unfortunate that the device has this problem in the first place. I'm not knowledgeable enough to know if it has to do with the wireless charging or the NFC like some others are saying though. All I know is my phone appears to be working fine now.

This sorted my issue. Thanks a lot. I use the wireless charger and rarely power off my Lumia 920. One thing to note is it recently updated to 8.0.10211.204, Firmware 1232.5951.1249.1018 - Used the mains charger for 40 minutes pre implementing this "fix". The device runs hot most of the time but came back gracefully. Typical Windows OS - REBOOT to resolve!

Thanks again to the original poster! :cool:

Spencer Baird

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I just got a Nokia Lumia 920 from a friend. When I first got it, it worked fine. But I wanted to remove everything off of the phone. So I did a factory reset on the phone. When I did it got stuck on the spinning wheels screen. So I did a soft reset on the phone, and it didn't boot up. It keeps showing the battery with a low charge. And it won't stay on if I don't have it plugged in. I've let it charge overnight. Still no charge. I've downloaded the Nokia Care Suite to try to put the firmware and stuff on there, but when I try to load the firmware on the phone it keeps saying some kind of error. I've read where you have to keep trying it but I have done it over a 100 times already. I've ordered a new battery for the phone to see if it is the battery itself. Hopefully this will work. If anybody knows anything better to do. Let me know. Thanks!

DeaconFrost1098

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
Just experienced this issue with my lumia 920, I performed a soft reset all is while right now. It is starting to charge and appears be holding a charge

Ignotum666

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
Just yesterday my Lumia 920 stopped charging when placed on a wireless charging plate. only it will turn the device on as if it is powering the device, and the light on the plate turns on, it does not actually charge. Rebooting has not fixed it.

My fw: 1232.5957.1308.0002

Help please.

Any idea????

??????

Last edited by a moderator:

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Anyone that comes to this thread with this problem should really try rboodro's fix - soft reset your phone and everything will be fine again. If you have tried this fix and it doesn't work for you or you have a slightly different issue post your issue clearly and we can help. If you don't, you won't get any help pure and simple. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3