AT&T Microcell

dtc81

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Can anyone confirm that their Lumia 920 works with AT&T's micro cell? I have pretty poor signal at my home (live on the back side of a ridge) and with the micro cell everything works great. Just don't want to go through the process of getting one if it doesn't play nice with the micro cell.

Thanks in advance

fiftiesdean

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I have a microcell in my office. Phone calls, MMS, and SMS work flawlessly on the 920. The iPhone had problems with all of these in the same location.

The microcell shows up as 4G (HSPA+).

Last edited:

dtc81

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the info; wife's iphone has always worked well on it. I think they are limited to 3g (at least mine) but none the less we are on wireless while we home anyway.

AZBrowncoat

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I can report that my Nokia Lumia seems to be working just fine with my AT&T Microcell whereas the I could not get the SG3 that I had briefly (two days) to work at all.

DaveGx

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Confirm with others. No ATT signal at my house. I dropped Verizon for the 920 and found a used Microcell and it works great. Of course, I'd rather not need it but it works very well.

LawDork

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
My wife's 920 connected to a Microcell brilliantly for about a month, and hasn't connected since. AT&T first line support has not been able to fix the problem. Waiting for 2nd tier to contact.

denzilla

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
We use a Microcell with two 920's and it works, no problem. I can't speak to its effects o battery life though. My 920 never leaves the house as I've deemed to to fragile to use. Wife takes hers everywhere though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon