Just noticed a problem on my screen

hahabowen

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I got my L920(black) yesterday and on my way home i noticed a jumping red vertical line at the bottom left of my screen. It just turned into purple. The line only shows up when I'm using black background,the white one doesn't have that problem. I wonder if anyone has the same problem here. So far, my phone works perfect except that! I'm loving it!! If it's a defect, should I swap it for a new one?

stevearsenault

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I think he means doing a factory restore. (Settings > about > reset your phone). Truth be told, I'm not entirely sure that would work for this sort of problem, but it shouldn't hurt to try. This sounds more like a hardware issue though, and in fact I've had similar problems like this on lcd screens.

doublesman3486

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
no , its not factory restore. What i meant is, plug in your 920 to your pc which hopefully has the windows phone software that updates your phone whenever there is a new firmware out. It will tell you that you have the latest firmware version of the OS and it will give you the option to check back later or to reinstall your current firmware version. Just choose reinstall your current firmware version.

Do a backup before you reinstall your firmware version.

hahabowen

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I think he means doing a factory restore. (Settings > about > reset your phone). Truth be told, I'm not entirely sure that would work for this sort of problem, but it shouldn't hurt to try. This sounds more like a hardware issue though, and in fact I've had similar problems like this on lcd screens.

did yours just disappear afterwards?

hahabowen

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
no , its not factory restore. What i meant is, plug in your 920 to your pc which hopefully has the windows phone software that updates your phone whenever there is a new firmware out. It will tell you that you have the latest firmware version of the OS and it will give you the option to check back later or to reinstall your current firmware version. Just choose reinstall your current firmware version.

Do a backup before you reinstall your firmware version.

ok thanks a lot! i will give it a try.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss