Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

there for windows phones. I keep seeing different numbers. Anyone have an up to date total. Thanks

Global Posts
    361 Global Posts
    You'll get different numbers depending on whether you're looking at WP7, WP7.5, WP8, and whether you're talking apps available in a specific country or apps for all countries.
    It's more important, IMO, to ask what functionality is/isn't there than how many apps there are. There can be a billion and one apps, but if the one(s) you need isn't there, the hgih numbers don't help you much.

When I started with WP7.5 there was a lot missing. On WP8 there are a lot more, though still a few gaps (some filled in by similar apps). We are seeing a lot higher developer adoption, so I am betting we will start seeing Windows catch up here.

Also, as a side note, windows Phone doesn;t consider the trials as a second app, whereas iOS and Android do. So for things like games that often have a "lite" version, Android and iOS will count it as two apps where as WP just one.