Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    Just received notice of a Network+ update via the store. Anyone know what this does other than likely update some carrier info?

If you go to Settings, at the bottom there is a Network+ option. In there you can change some options like Call Waiting and SMS Character Set
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by zopapito View Post
    If you go to Settings, at the bottom there is a Network+ option. In there you can change some options like Call Waiting and SMS Character Set
    THose options were already there, this says its an update. I cant get the update to go though. It says error and to close the store and try again. I wonder if there will be more options after the update.

*UPDATE. It finaly let me download and install. Its the exact same as it was except now its called network+ instead of sms.

I didn't realize they were there already... My update went through and that is the only thing that appears there.
    Another update today - 19.3.13
    Patient Windows Phone User since October 2010 till cores and apps do us apart.

Read the rules before you post. If you post, we will assume you've read this already.

Global Posts
    629 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rockstarzzz View Post
    Another update today - 19.3.13
    Are the options on that screen grayed out for everyone else? I'm on AT&T if it makes a difference.
  7. zc1

Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    Yeah, greyed out for me as well, now...
    Orange UK, nothing greyed out.

Read the rules before you post. If you post, we will assume you've read this already.

on ATT. those options are greyed out for me too.
  10. zc1

Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    ...says that those options aren't available with 4G/LTE...I beg to differ since I have them on another LTE phone on a different network.

Global Posts
    629 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zc1 View Post
    ...says that those options aren't available with 4G/LTE...I beg to differ since I have them on another LTE phone on a different network.
    Something's not right. It says to change to the highest network speed under cellular settings, but I don't even have an option to do that. What would be higher than LTE?
  12. zc1

Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    It says change the highest speed, not change to the highest speed. If I changed it down to 3G (under settings\cellular) then one of the options returned.

Global Posts
    629 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zc1 View Post
    It says change the highest speed, not change to the highest speed. If I changed it down to 3G (under settings\cellular) then one of the options returned.
    Sent from my RM-820_nam_canada_200 using Board Express
    You're correct, I read it wrong. I don't have any way to change my network speed under Cellular, however.
    Under network+ all I have is call waiting turned on and SMS character set - Full.

Do we all have different Network+ based on networks we use? - sounds logical to me!

Global Posts
    2,906 Global Posts
    Under network+ all I have is call waiting turned on and SMS character set - Full.

Do we all have different Network+ based on networks we use? - sounds logical to me!
    TThis is all I have as well.
    I believe this update made the cell signal more stable, the cell signal bar on top of the screen doesn't jump from 1 bar to 5 bar from time to time anymore when i'm in the office.

All I have is call waiting and show full character display. That's the same since I got the phone though so the update must be bug fix related
    Last edited by TaichiSurface; 03-20-2013 at 09:24 AM.

I'm on a Malaysian set, and the only option I have is the call waiting. It could be so

Quote Originally Posted by moonshine88 View Post
    I'm on a Malaysian set, and the only option I have is the call waiting. It could be so
    ATT. Call waiting and call forwarding are off and became inactive (can't change it anymore) since after the update. Doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by hudsonvalley View Post
    ATT. Call waiting and call forwarding are off and became inactive (can't change it anymore) since after the update. Doesn't make sense.
    I agree. Suddenly the phone has lost the ability to forward a call? Doesn't sound right!

Global Posts
    2,906 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TaichiSurface View Post
    I believe this update made the cell signal more stable, the cell signal bar on top of the screen doesn't jump from 1 bar to 5 bar from time to time anymore when i'm in the office.

All I have is call waiting and show full character display. That's the same since I got the phone though so the update must be bug fix related
    I thinks so as well.
    Right so spent one day away from home at work after this updated. My signal has been all over the place. From one bar to five and data connections dropped randomly! It wasn't a new place, I've used my phone at work before and never had this signal drama. My battery as a result only lasted for about 6 hours! I am not sure if this Network+ actually fixed anything for me. I haven't changed anything on my phone since a week other than this update.

22. zc1

Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    Last night my phone lost 60% charge while I was sleeping. This morning I recharged it and did a soft reset and battery life is back to normal (i.e. stellar), now. It still insists that I don't have call waiting or call forwarding w/ LTE, though...
  23. BCH

ATT here, and greyed out. Essentially I can't use call forwarding or call waiting now. I'm sure this will get rectified in an update shortly.

Updated last night and still have call fed and call waiting, must be a network thing

Maybe the latest Network+ update was in preparation for the OTA OS/Firmware update?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast