- 11-16-2012, 11:46 AM #1
OK, so I got my 920 up and running last night, and I have a few questions so far:
- To avoid the GMail sync bug I set up google as an exchange account. Mail is working fine, but I can only seem to sync the main gmail calendar, but not the 5-6 other calendars I have set up. Googling the issue says to use m.google.com/sync, but that only works if the phone is set up as a Gmail account, won't work as an exchange account. Any ideas?
- I have (well, had) Google's 2 step authentication set up with my android phone. Any idea how to set this up using the account as exchange? It just says my password is invalid, with no way of entering in the authenticator password. Somehow, I don't think this will be the easier solution of the two.
11-16-2012, 09:20 PM #3
- 982 Posts
For the 2-step verification, I know there's a thread on that SOMEWHERE around here but can't remember where it is and can't find it. But I think I remember it having something to do with using a one-time password, so maybe this old video for WP7 might help: Tip: Enable 2-step verification in Gmail for WP7 | Windows Phone Central
11-16-2012, 10:02 PM #5
- 982 Posts
- 11-17-2012, 06:22 PM #6
Mystic, unfortunately you need to set up your gmail account as a google account to do this, not as an exchange account. So you can either get one of your calendars, or the sync bug. I guess I'll have to wait until it's fixed.
- By brjohnsmith1966 in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 0Last Post: 11-14-2012, 08:11 AM
- By zeronoise in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 0Last Post: 11-12-2012, 08:32 PM
- By Armada in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 1Last Post: 11-12-2012, 01:57 AM
- By wpcautobot in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 4Last Post: 11-11-2012, 10:38 AM
- By riorxx in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 7Last Post: 08-20-2012, 07:02 PM