Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree7Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by molokoplus View Post
    may i ask what third party app you are using to get the music to your phone? let me know. thanks lord!
    It's called gooroovster. It's not flawless, but it is the best Google voice client I have found on the platform. It's about as good as gmusic was on iOS when it first started out.
    Thanked by:
    molokoplus likes this.

Why don't you just re-encode all files to wma or mp3? plenty of conversion software out there.

it's too much of a hassle. i don't want to down convert them. worst case i'll convert them to wma lossless but it's a hassle. I have a lot of songs.

it's too much of a hassle. i don't want to down convert them. worst case i'll convert them to wma lossless but it's a hassle. I have a lot of songs.
    Ahhh - they are lossless .m4a files? So they are ALA rather than AAC encoded?

I find the browser much more usable if you go into the settings and change the address bar button to the tabs or favorites button, depending on preference.
    Thanked by:
    My recommendation: Get it started and go to bed. Will likely be done by morning, unless you really do have just a ridiculous number of songs.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    yea, but i don't like how it searches apps and all that stuff too. i just want a regular google search. maybe it's asking to much? i dunno, i guess i'm just used to iphone so i'm a bit spoiled perhaps lol. the browser is the least of my concerns though. mail client is #1 and then the music stuff is #2

thanks man, i'll give it a shot.
    Hmm...I thought it was impossible to be spoiled by something inferior. Bing search on WP7/8 blows away iPhone or Android's search capabilities in how it integrates the phone's functions. It's so much better in fact that it is one of the main reasons I prefer WP over its competitors. This is one that has me scratching my head.
    Last edited by Chris Parsons; 11-20-2012 at 10:31 AM.
    Thanked by:

Set browser default search provider to Google and use the browser URL bar to type in searches, not the bing softkey.

Quote Originally Posted by markfive View Post
    yes, exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by Lenas View Post
    I find the browser much more usable if you go into the settings and change the address bar button to the tabs or favorites button, depending on preference.
    gonna try this out. thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by lordofthereef View Post
    My recommendation: Get it started and go to bed. Will likely be done by morning, unless you really do have just a ridiculous number of songs.
    the only problem with that is that I have to go in and reorganize everything. create new folders etc. it's just going to be a pain.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete C View Post
    Hmm...I thought it was impossible to be spoiled by something inferior. Bing search on WP7/8 blows away iPhone or Android's search capabilities in how it integrates the phone's functions. It's so much better in fact that it is one of the main reasons I prefer WP over its competitors. This is one that has me scratching my head.
    haha, ok ok. I get it, i'll try and adapt.

Global Posts
    491 Global Posts

I'm just noticing this myself. molokoplus, did you rip your music as lossless files into iTunes? ALAC will not work with WP8. If this is the case, then you will have to get those files transcoded into a Windows lossless format.
    Thanked by:

If they are ALA then I reckon this is the only route.
    Thanked by:
    I am obviously missing something. Bing search is supposed to find apps and the like?

Quote Originally Posted by mister2d View Post
    I'm just noticing this myself. molokoplus, did you rip your music as lossless files into iTunes? ALAC will not work with WP8. If this is the case, then you will have to get those files transcoded into a Windows lossless format.
    unfortunately yes :blush: looks like i'm in for a loooooong day hahaha. i think that this point re ripping my albums may be a faster way.

If they are ALA then I reckon this is the only route.
    dang.

unfortunately yes :blush: looks like i'm in for a loooooong day hahaha. i think that this point re ripping my albums may be a faster way.
    dang.
    Plenty of utilities for transcoding - dbpoweramp and the right codecs will do a good job. Got to be quicker than re-ripping .... surely?
    Thanked by:

yes but it's the organization that will take long with converting the files.

yes but it's the organization that will take long with converting the files.
    dbpoweramp batch mode will do entire folder structures....
    Thanked by:

dbpoweramp batch mode will do entire folder structures....

dude you rock! best program ever!!!!
    mister2d likes this.

dude you rock! Best program ever!!!!
    hth :)

Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    I am obviously missing something. Bing search is supposed to find apps and the like?
    Well, yes it does if you type the exact name of the app in there, but that's not really what I was referring to. It integrates search with your apps and the rest of the phone. So, let's say you search on a restaurant. You can swipe to the Local pivot to see local results of that restaurant in your area. Click on any one of those and you get their hours, phone number which you can click to call, their website, Drive option to launch navigation and set your route directly there, and some restaurants even have an OpenTable reservation which launches that app. Swipe to apps and you can deep link your search criteria into other apps like Yelp to get reviews or Nokia Transit to find subway or bus routes, etc.

What is really great about Bing on WP8 is how there is so much information baked right into the OS. It pulls all the information off the web and formats it in the style of the OS. You can get prices on items in the shopping tab, images in the media tab, or from the search screen you can swipe over and get trending news stories, local deals, movie times. It's all tied together much better than in Android and iOS. I think this makes life just much easier with this phone than others once you learn all it can do.

I have noticed that when I go to play some of my podcasts it gives me that error, I am not sure what file format they are as they are downloaded through the music hub, but usually just clicking play a second time will fix the issue.

Global Posts
    186 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mister2d View Post
    1. Multiple inboxes: You can "link" ALL your email inboxes into one tile. Just click on the three dots to bring up settings and select link inboxes. From there you can choose which ones to display into one tile.
    Thanks man this was driving me nuts and it is not really that intuitive but works a treat. Whats more this does what my iPhone couldn't this way i can link all my personal accounts but keep my work one separate.
    Developer

Also, if your search isn't bringing up apps, go to Settings -> Applications -> Search and turn on suggestions.
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,966 Global Posts
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12