920 Bricked after Network/Celluar + update from Marketplace

geonex88

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
My 920 just bricked itsself after attempting to install the network/Cellular+update from the marketplace. going to the ATT store.

Beware of the update.

jsntrenkler

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
Did you try holding down the power button, volume down and windows capacitive button at the same time for 10 seconds? I had my phone shut down and this made it come back to life.

geonex88

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I had tried the reset button combo, without luck. I went to the ATT store, and the rep just did it for longer than i did and it reset properly.

when it loaded, it showed that the update was being installed with a stuck progress bar, after about 3 min, it went to 'attention required' so i tapped it and it said it was unable to install the update, then the update disappeared from the marketplace all together.

Extremely odd. i had an HD7 before this and never ran into this. regardless, be wary of the update.

Last edited:

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
I had tried the reset button combo, without luck. I went to the ATT store, and the rep just did it for longer than i did and it reset properly.

went it loaded, it showed that the update was being installed with a stuck progress bar, after about 3 min, it went to 'attention required' so i tapped it and it said it was unable to install the update, then the update disappeared from the marketplace all together.

Extremely odd. i had an HD7 before this and never ran into this. regardless, be wary of the update.

Thanks for the update.

Xsever

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
I got that update today on my Rogers 920 here in Canada. It was for "call + sms" which is under settings. (New type of updates since this isn't an app by itself but a sub-menu under settings).

Update went well and no issues. Now it's called Network+ instead.

Major

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
Mine came in just a little while ago, while I happened to be at the AT&T store returning a case. Updated without incident.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb