Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Dos101

Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    I recently switched from Android to Windows Nokia Lumia 920.
    Mysms App on Android allowed me to text from my computer.
    I need a way to do the same on my Lumia 920.
    Tried Mysms for Windows...it don't work??
    Any suggestions?

I've search for this feature many times. I figured that being windows phone 8 and windows 8 it would be bakes into both systems.

If you're an AT&T customer, you can send text messages from their website.
    https://www.att.com/esupport/article...id=Kq-HAF-Ram8

Global Posts
    429 Global Posts
    You know, I was honestly surprised that Microsoft didn't provide some integration between the Messaging app in Windows 8/RT and Windows Phone 8. I think they missed a real opportunity to get people to buy into their ecosystem. Hope they add a feature like this in the near future though.
    Nokia Lumia 1520 RM-938 w/ 128GB MicroSD card
    Microsoft Surface 2 32GB w/ Type Cover 2

Smartphone History: iPhone 3G 8GB -> iPhone 4 8GB -> iPhone 4S 16GB -> Nexus S -> iPhone 4S 16GB -> Lumia 900 -> Lumia 920 -> Lumia 1520

My Blog: PixelWin

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4...25834/xboxone/

lordofthereef likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by aer127 View Post
    If you're an AT&T customer, you can send text messages from their website.
    https://www.att.com/esupport/article...id=Kq-HAF-Ram8
    And you can also do it from any email client, replacing the "#" with the phone number you're texting to
    ##########@txt.att.net

As long as the person you're texting to is also on AT&T. Each carrier has a different way of doing it for their system. You could Google it most likely.

EDIT: Here's what I found by doing a quick Google search

Verizon - 1234567890@vtext.com
    T-Mobile - 1234567890
    @tmomail.net

If you are messenger friends with someone, they will show up in the messaging hub as well as on Windows 8. I've texted my friends from my Windows 8 computer multiple times using this method.
    Yeah those are solutions but not what I'm looking for. I know android has this feature to work from phone to tablet and vice versa. I want to be able to have my phone charging away from me and still be able to receive my text on my computer. If im working on something on my surface or laptop I rather respond back and receive on whatever device im already using.

Quote Originally Posted by Benjamin Mendez1 View Post
    Yeah those are solutions but not what I'm looking for. I know android has this feature to work from phone to tablet and vice versa. I want to be able to have my phone charging away from me and still be able to receive my text on my computer. If im working on something on my surface or laptop I rather respond back and receive on whatever device im already using.
    The only other thing I can think of then is having Google Voice on all your devices.

There have developed over the years several ways to do this through Outlook. I don't do this personally so I unfortunately cannot provide any insight into current methods.
    Google Voice. Easy to setup and use. MetroTalk is the best google voice client for WP8 IMO.