Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Okay so I got my Lumia, popped in my StraightTalk sim, everything works great. I call AT&T to cancel my data plan I never wanted anyway. I was just forced when getting the phone on preorder. Now, I have had two separate reps say - Just dont activate that AT&T sim. The 'contract' just expires after 30 days because I did not activate.

Does this sound right?

Global Posts
    2,567 Global Posts
    well all I want to know is, will you get the $36 activation fee refunded if you don't activate the SIM? That's what you should be asking them.

Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    That was never charged in my billing summary. Just the phone. That piece gets rung up when you use the sim

Hey,

Thinking about buying the L920 and placing on Straight Talk.
    2 Questions:

1. Whats the data like with Straight Talk? Does it get throttled to 2G like T-Mobile, whats the limit?
    2. Spoke with the AT&T rep who said ATTlocks the WIFI sharing and only enables Wi-Fi sharing to customers with Heavy Data Plans(5gb/mos), which is total crap I'd like to connect my Tablet via Wi-Fi to the Lumia. Can you tell me if you are able to use the Internet-Sharing function on Straight talk.

Ask them if you can record the call convo and take their info down for the potential lawsuit when POTENTIALLY after the 14 day period your "locked in".

cover your back. From what I've heard of AT&T I wouldn't trust them.

Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    I get hspa+so its pretty good speeds. And no, no WiFi sharing. I was able to get a rep on chat to confirm how the contract cancels out so between 2 calls, and one chat, all confirming the same thing I trust it.

Thanks for this thread! I'm trying to make the transition to Straight Talk and was confused about the required AT&T plan.

Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    PIN
    No
    StraightTalk works great with my Lumia 920.

I just got a $106 bill from AT&T...fml...

Global Posts
    154 Global Posts
    i thought att would have a one month minimum billing. i too planned on going to straight talk after that month but wanted to have att unlock my phone before i do. i know i don't have to unlock with straight talk but i wanted to unlock my phone to add resell value to it for later on when i decide to sell. anyone have any luck with att unlocking their non commitment phone?

Quote Originally Posted by ChumsFuture View Post
    i thought att would have a one month minimum billing. i too planned on going to straight talk after that month but wanted to have att unlock my phone before i do. i know i don't have to unlock with straight talk but i wanted to unlock my phone to add resell value to it for later on when i decide to sell. anyone have any luck with att unlocking their non commitment phone?
    I talked to an AT&T rep and got my account closed without having to pay anything (just had to endure the reps efforts to keep my business). I don't know about unlocking. It takes several months for them to release unlock codes, right?

Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    So today they tried to charge me for the plan + phone! I called and even though I never put the sim in the phone, I have always used straighttalk, it 'activated'. They also said that the phone was in their system as a contract phone even though I had paid full price lmao. She was like well I see you obviously paid for it and never used anything. They cancelled it all out.

AT&T you suck.