- 11-16-2012, 03:16 PM #1
Okay so I got my Lumia, popped in my StraightTalk sim, everything works great. I call AT&T to cancel my data plan I never wanted anyway. I was just forced when getting the phone on preorder. Now, I have had two separate reps say - Just dont activate that AT&T sim. The 'contract' just expires after 30 days because I did not activate.
Does this sound right?
11-16-2012, 09:08 PM #4
- 3 Posts
Thinking about buying the L920 and placing on Straight Talk.
- Whats the data like with Straight Talk? Does it get throttled to 2G like T-Mobile, whats the limit?
- Spoke with the AT&T rep who said ATTlocks the WIFI sharing and only enables Wi-Fi sharing to customers with Heavy Data Plans(5gb/mos), which is total crap I'd like to connect my Tablet via Wi-Fi to the Lumia. Can you tell me if you are able to use the Internet-Sharing function on Straight talk.
- 12-01-2012, 10:58 AM #10
i thought att would have a one month minimum billing. i too planned on going to straight talk after that month but wanted to have att unlock my phone before i do. i know i don't have to unlock with straight talk but i wanted to unlock my phone to add resell value to it for later on when i decide to sell. anyone have any luck with att unlocking their non commitment phone?
- 12-01-2012, 04:19 PM #11
- 12-16-2012, 12:43 PM #12
So today they tried to charge me for the plan + phone! I called and even though I never put the sim in the phone, I have always used straighttalk, it 'activated'. They also said that the phone was in their system as a contract phone even though I had paid full price lmao. She was like well I see you obviously paid for it and never used anything. They cancelled it all out.
AT&T you suck.
- By hungarianhc in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 49Last Post: 11-19-2012, 11:05 PM
- By hasasimo in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 2Last Post: 11-08-2012, 01:36 AM
- By moc426 in forum Nokia Lumia 900Replies: 24Last Post: 06-20-2012, 10:18 PM
- By jrdatrackstar1223 in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 2Last Post: 06-06-2012, 11:58 PM
- By stevenmcbeaven in forum Nokia Lumia 800Replies: 18Last Post: 05-12-2012, 04:55 PM