Gmail 2-Step Verification on Lumia 920

CrackBerry Kevin

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Just got my Lumia 920 and am setting it up. It's funny.. been using Google's 2 Step verification for email since they rolled it out, but I ALWAYS forget that I'm actually using it.

So when I went to add my Google account for the first time, I entered my normal password, which resulted in an error. Then I remembered.. oh yeah, have to authorize the device again. So I went to accounts.google.com, clicked Security and logged in and created a new password for verification.

Then I went back to the email client and tried adding the account again, only to get an error message saying the Google account on that phone was already setup. I didn't think that was the case as I got an error when I tried previously. Tried a few times. Then went back to the homescreen, and realized oh... even though the password was wrong the first time, it did put the Google tile on the account screen. So then I logged in there with the new verification password and was good to go.

Long story short... the learning lesson is even if you get the password wrong the first time in email account setup, the account gets added. Don't try putting int more passwords again via the app setup. Go back to the homescreen and login via the account.

Rookie mistake I guess. So much to learn. Anybody else running 2-step verification and run into this faux pas?

Last edited:

wpmojo

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
Hi! Even i am getting the message but even when i try to open gmail in linked inboxes it shows an error to update my account info and keeps asking for password. I still cannot link it. Do i need to authorize my phone or something?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb