UK EE Anyone actually received their Lumia 920 pre-order yet?

Andy_McG84

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Hey has anyone who pre-ordered the Lumia 920 from EE actually received their phone yet?

If you have what date did you pre-order it?

When did you recieve it?

What colour is it?

and

How much did you pay for the handset (if it was a contract pre-order)?

I'm still waiting for mine and I pre-ordered it on the 5/11 for ?20 on the 12 month ?56 p/m contract.

Cheers

Boggy79

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Pre-ordered on the 30th. ?130 taken out of my account the same day for the phone and I'm still waiting.
Got a direct message on twitter yesterday telling me stock had arrived and was being despatched. I'd like to think they'd pay extra for Saturday delivery but there's more chance of it being hand delivered by the Queen. EE's customer service is simply shocking.

SnailUK

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I ordered my red 920 the minute they became available, and receive it the day the phones were released.
Sent from my RM-821_eu_euro1_342 using Board Express

hovesteve

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Pre-ordered a white N920 on the 30th Oct. Still waiting..... Issues over migrating me from Orange. DM on twitter from them today saying they would get a delivery update on the 20th Nov.. whatever that means!!

Andy_McG84

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
That is rediculous for pre orders.... I went into Phones 4 U last Thursday and walked out of the shop with my Lumia 920 on the EE network.

Did you have to sign up for a 24 month contract?

The only benefit I can still see with pre-ordering the lumia 920 is that we had the option of signing a 12month contract and those of us who did only paid ?20 for the handset so got a pretty sweet deal, even though we have had to wait ages to get the thing!!

Gerard Wilson

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Yes it was a 24 month deal and the handset was only ?20 (I also get a free wireless charger).

I thought that the MAIN reason that you pre ordered is that you get it as soon as it is released and before most other people get it - although the 12 month contract is pretty good too.

Boggy79

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Pre-ordered a white N920 on the 30th Oct. Still waiting..... Issues over migrating me from Orange. DM on twitter from them today saying they would get a delivery update on the 20th Nov.. whatever that means!!

What worries me is that different people are being told stock is due on different dates. According to their Twitter feed stock was due 12th, 14th, 16th and now you're saying 20th. I tried to pre-order on the 30th around 0800 before I left for work but the system was not up at that time. I'd ordered by 0930 so I would have expected to have been near the start of the pre-order queue. Having said that it does seem to be the white model that most people are waiting for.

COTESYcom

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I has asked for a ring-back for pre-order and recieved that call last Tuesday (13th Nov). They advised it could be the end of the month before the phone arrived. A courier came knocking with it the next day at 8:30am! The deal - this was an upgrade and the phone was free on my original plan (still running the old Flext 60 plan so don't pay for anything within allowance!)

Andy_McG84

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Yes it was a 24 month deal and the handset was only ?20 (I also get a free wireless charger).

I thought that the MAIN reason that you pre ordered is that you get it as soon as it is released and before most other people get it - although the 12 month contract is pretty good too.

Yep that was the main reason but that doesn't seem to hold true for EE! The contract length is now the only benefit, and I'm grasping at straws here.

Andy_McG84

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Quick update, today I have finally received my white lumia 920 from EE.

Only 16 days after pre-ordering it and almost two weeks after the phone was officially released in the UK.

Wasn't at home to receive it myself so I dont know if I have also received a charging plate but I'll find out after work. Thank God the wait is finally over!

Wonder what the next debacle will be?

sudakoma

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Quick update, today I have finally received my white lumia 920 from EE.

Only 16 days after pre-ordering it and almost two weeks after the phone was officially released in the UK.

Wasn't at home to receive it myself so I dont know if I have also received a charging plate but I'll find out after work. Thank God the wait is finally over!

Wonder what the next debacle will be?

Congrats on the new arrival, you're gonna love it!

Andy_McG84

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Just got an email that my white 920 is winging its way to me. Maybe EE are finally getting their act together

Great news all round it seems.

Unfortunately its not their whole act they have got together, I never received the promised wireless charger with my phone so I'm gonna give them a ring later to see what they think they're playing at!!

Anyone here get a free wireless charger from EE when they ordered online?

Last edited:

Jammo

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
Received my white Nokia 920 yesterday. Loving the phone, no battery issues and 4G is sooo fast it makes my wifi look slow.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb