Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By emiliogomez
  • 1 Post By Chris Parsons

Did you but it outright or get one on contract? If I wanted to upgrade to the 920 while on an existing contract, am I looking at full price?

Global Posts
    12,295 Global Posts
    You'll be looking at full retail, unless your carrier offers early upgrade pricing.
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,966 Global Posts
    I already owned a Lumia 900, but Nokia was gracious enough to underprice the Lumia 920 at $449 and AT&T gave me an early upgrade discount of $100, so I paid $349. Very pleased with it thus far.
    Thanked by:
    Jazmac 

I'm switching from a VZW Thunderbolt. (Android) My wife is upgrading from an HTC Trophy.

Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    I'm switching from VZW (razr maxx) to a 920.

Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    I have had several of the AT&T wp7 phones and got this one on an early upgrade! Not the discounted price but the upgraded price and I traded in my 900 and they gave me money for that too! I believe mine was around 300 with tax!

Yes, this is my third successive Windows Phone. I bought it off contract to save money (AT&T's individual plans are highway robbery).

Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    I own a Lumia 800 and just bought Lumia 920 red and planning to gift my girl friend too :)

Coming from a first generation Surround. Feeling fancy.
    I saved my ar&t upgrade till the release of the 920 .
    Had a HTC titan before with WP 7.5 I'm extremely happy besides the initial battery performance but that seemed to straiten itself out with half a dozen full charges. 😼

Global Posts
    416 Global Posts
    I owned a Lumia 900 and paid full retail to upgrade to Lumia 920. If had not bought a Windows phone I would have bought a Galaxy Note II.

Previous Galaxy Note user, got really bored with the iOS/Android saw the new Lumia and felt in love with it, really liking the windows phone OS,simple elegant and functional
    Jazmac likes this.

Global Posts
    661 Global Posts
    I owned an iPhone 4 when I bought an LG Quantum off eBay for about $150. (I switched back and forth between the two, never being able to fully commit to WP7.) I used my upgrade to get the 920 for $99. The iPhone 4 and Quantum have remained powered down and shoved in a drawer ever since.
    Palm Pilot > Palm V > Palm Tungsten T > Palm Treo 650 > Palm Centro > Palm Pre > HTC Hero > Palm Pre > iPhone 4 > LG Quantum > Nokia Lumia 920 > iPhone 5S

Global Posts
    356 Global Posts
    I switch phones a lot (cellphone junkie lol) but have been using WP7 and now WP8 on and off since it debuted in 2010 and originally started with a Samsung Focus. Always had that feeling that Microsoft had something special with the WP OS. I have watched this platform grow, and slowly mature and although it definitely has room to grow, with WP8, its most definitely a great OS, and a great alternative to Android and iOS.

Anyways...to answer the question, I moved from a Lumia 900 to a Lumia 920, and very happy with it so far.

Global Posts
    671 Global Posts
    I bought my phone outright as I was still on contract from my TITAN that I had got for a penny last Black Friday. I'm coming from Windows Phone, I've owned a Samsung Focus (1st), then Titan & Titan II now on to this phone my Lumia 920. My next phone if they make it will be the surface phone. I just love technology.

I owned blackberries for a while and hated them. Wanted to get a Focus when they came out but was locked into a contract and when the Focus S came out, I bought one full price because I was so sick of blackberry issues. I loved my Focus S and the day the 920 came out I bought it for the $99 upgrade cost...and I love it very much.

Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    I moved from a Galaxy S III to the L920. I bought a L900 at launch, but I ended up returning it before my 30-day return period was up. Loved the hardware, but I didn't feel like WP7 was ready for prime time.

Nearly all my concerns have been taken care of with WP8 though. I won't be taking my L920 back, and I plan to keep it for the duration of my 2 year contract. The GS3 is a decent phone, but something about Android just really turns me off.

Global Posts
    12,295 Global Posts
    Lumia 920 is my first ever Windows device. Have never even owned any older Windows phones. Lots of BlackBerry, Android and iPhones though in my collection. I was always holding out for Windows to get better and now, I think it has reached that point. The Lumia 920 is a great device.
    Thanked by:
    Jazmac 
    Jazmac likes this.