Orange upgrade deals? (UK)

shaunydub

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
I have managed to convince my mate to get a 920 but he is a long time Orange customer and wants to stay with them.
Anyone know best / cheapest upgrade options?
Is Phones4U better than Orange direct?

Cheers

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Upgrade with EE instead. I got a deal with Orange UK paying ?36/month. Only 1 GB internet and unlimited texts, free phone, 900 minutes..

However - the network is complete ****. Good thing is with EE you pay ?5 extra and get better package and 4G connection! It will make him love the phone. Right now Orange are making me hate my phone with terrible internet speeds.

Rich Edmonds

PC Editor
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I would recommend to go through Phones4u, with the offer they have on the handset (free wireless charger). Unfortunately you might have some trouble actually locating a store that has the Lumia 920 in stock. Both Orange and EE sport similar deals (as both are part of the same parent company) - so it depends if your friend wishes to make use of 3G or 4G.

shaunydub

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Cheers...
I have been telling him to go P4U all week but he thought he would be able to get a better deal direct from Orange as he has been on them for 10 years.
We don't have 4g around here yet so he will be fine with 3g, he is on a mega low tariff right now but is willing to pay more after I've been showing him my Titan for the last year and now my Lumia 920. lol.

EDDS

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
I'm with orange and I went with p4u as they offered me a better deal over the phone, I got 600 minutes, unlimited texts, 1gb internet for ?31 a month plus the phone for free.

just waiting till the 23rd now when the red 920 is officially available.

Rich Edmonds

PC Editor
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Cheers...
I have been telling him to go P4U all week but he thought he would be able to get a better deal direct from Orange as he has been on them for 10 years.
We don't have 4g around here yet so he will be fine with 3g, he is on a mega low tariff right now but is willing to pay more after I've been showing him my Titan for the last year and now my Lumia 920. lol.
Just inform your friend that he can get an Orange deal through Phones4u :)

hallam555

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm with orange and I went with p4u as they offered me a better deal over the phone, I got 600 minutes, unlimited texts, 1gb internet for ?31 a month plus the phone for free.

just waiting till the 23rd now when the red 920 is officially available.

same deal as above, been told today that my sim is to be activated on the 21st???

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon