Lumia Discharging while Charging?

robstunner

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Hello All,

Given that my return period is 14 days and im about halfway there, I wanted to test the Nokia Drive function on the way home from work this morning. With Drive up on the screen (USA map downloaded, and voice with street guidance downloaded) the phone would discharge even with being plugged in. Im using the motorola rapid charger which is considered a very powerful and efficent charger. I've never had a problem before with my other phones using GPS (Waze/google navigation) with Pandora, and being plugged in. Anyone else have the same problem? This can be the straw that broke the camel's back for me.

graigsmith

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
i think i am going to take mine back too. just too many bugs.

using it with my mac, and the mac sync app worked great for about a week. now it just crashes every time i plug the phone in.
and the internet sharing just works for about 30 seconds to a minute then just stops working. then you have to restart the phone to get that to work again.

Kacey Green

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
Haven't tried it on this Lumia yet but my Lumia 710, HD7, HD2, and G1, all did this across three different cars and chargers, some powerful enough to charge an iPad at full speed. I'm hoping the 920 is different but I don't have my hopes up.

LordGreylock

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
I used mine as a GPS in the car and the battery discharged faster than it was charging, but I looked up my sig. lighter adapter and it's not rated for much so I ordered a more powerful one hoping to fix that issue. Some of those adapters are very low power. oh and I also disabled NFC and my battery had gotten much better in the past couple days and the phone has not been nearly as warm when using the GPS.

robstunner

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I used mine as a GPS in the car and the battery discharged faster than it was charging, but I looked up my sig. lighter adapter and it's not rated for much so I ordered a more powerful one hoping to fix that issue. Some of those adapters are very low power. oh and I also disabled NFC and my battery had gotten much better in the past couple days and the phone has not been nearly as warm when using the GPS.

Amazon.com: Motorola Vehicle Power Adapter micro-USB Rapid Rate Charger: Cell Phones & Accessories

that is the one ive been using, and like i said it worked just fine for some of the other devices ive used before.

mparker

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Nokia Drive is classified as a beta version for a reason. If you don't want to be a beta tester then don't run beta software.

robstunner

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Nokia Drive is classified as a beta version for a reason. If you don't want to be a beta tester then don't run beta software.

Google navigaton has been "beta" for a long time and it's never given me any issues. That being said, google does everything over data, Nokia drive should use even less power since its already got the maps downloaded onto the phone.

I was using Navigon GPS when this happened, not Nokia Drive. So using "beta" software was not the issue for me.

awesome, thanks. I wonder if they have a usb charge limit or something like that.

lottidah

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site

Just a comment regarding this. The store keeps prompting me to update Drive on my phone, but the update is to the beta version. I'm not doing it but it's annoying that the prompt won't go away. Also, I imagine many folks might take the update not knowing the battery drain issue the beta seems to cause.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers