Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Global Posts
    3,204 Global Posts
    Anyone with news from AT&T of when they are coming? I bought my phone in store on day one and the charger hasn't come in the mail. I know a few of you got yours but I'm guessing the majority haven't. And yes, I know there has been other threads about this.

Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    I called AT&T to get my free charging pad after I ordered the phone and the woman told me that they are on a huge backorder right now because the charger was a lot more popular than they anticipated. So it may be quite some time before I receive it.

Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Haven't gotten mine either, the local store says it should be soon.

Global Posts
    3,204 Global Posts
    Popularity shouldn't matter in the sense that they should have ordered/had at least one charger per phone since they were free. They should have backordered anyone who wanted extras.

Global Posts
    361 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterMhz View Post
    the charger was a lot more popular than they anticipated
    Since the charger was free with each phone, either AT&T really expected this phone to flop, or they are unaware that people rarely turn down free stuff...

Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    Well...this is AT&T we're talking about, when was the last time they did anything that made sense, or to benefit the customer.

Global Posts
    300 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mase123987 View Post
    Anyone with news from AT&T of when they are coming? I bought my phone in store on day one and the charger hasn't come in the mail. I know a few of you got yours but I'm guessing the majority haven't. And yes, I know there has been other threads about this.
    I'm in the exact same boat as you.
    Sent from my White Nokia Lumia 920 using Board Express
    I got mine this past Tuesday. With all of the stock issues of the 920 I wouldn't be surprised if the charging pad is in the same boat. I was actually shocked to receive mine so quickly. I purchased the phone at 9am launch day east coast so I may have been one of the first to get an order in.

I went in to ATT yesterday and told them the only reason I bought this phone was for the wireless charger. They told me they have no control over the stock which I do understand. I asked how am I supposed to test out the reason I bought the phone If I do not get the hardware that was presumably there on launch day, their ads made no mention of it being shipped whenever they felt like it. I then asked am I SOL if I don't get this charger within my 14 day grace period. He ended up extending my grace period to return the phone by another 7 days to which I still do not think the charger will be here
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    19,947 Global Posts
    Most offers I've seen say while supplies last. And the ones that don't, I see seeing one its purchased before that January date, you'll get one.

WPCentral Mod | Retired Android Central Mod | CrackBerry Mod

ATT's website says "The included Nokia Wireless Charging Plate will ship at a later date." this has nothing to do with "while supplies" last. you buy one, you get one..from ATT anyways
    Quote Originally Posted by sabotagebx View Post
    I went in to ATT yesterday and told them the only reason I bought this phone was for the wireless charger. They told me they have no control over the stock which I do understand. I asked how am I supposed to test out the reason I bought the phone If I do not get the hardware that was presumably there on launch day, their ads made no mention of it being shipped whenever they felt like it. I then asked am I SOL if I don't get this charger within my 14 day grace period. He ended up extending my grace period to return the phone by another 7 days to which I still do not think the charger will be here
    If you are really terribly worried, I am sure you can find a store somewhere reasonably local and just buy one, use it, make sure you are happy with it, and then return it waiting on receipt of your free charger. FWIW I have yet to personally see the free charger advertised at all. Kind of a bummer. I think suply chain issues are hurting the L920's launch big time. :(

no store around has the charger

Nokia Lumia 920 - Matte Black cell phone from AT&T

says charger will ship separate but the ad is there

I'm confused, what exactly is there to test? You put the phone on the plate, it charges. Not really sure why you're concerned here.

I want to see how well it tests, what my options are with it as far as stands, putting it in my car.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurredvision View Post
    I'm confused, what exactly is there to test? You put the phone on the plate, it charges. Not really sure why you're concerned here.
    With all of the issues popping up with the 920, I can understand wanting to make sure that wireless charging works properly before deciding to keep the device. While I haven't read issues about wireless charging yet, there are a relatively few number of people who have received their wireless charger compared to the number of people who have gotten their handsets.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    3,767 Global Posts
    I received mine in the mail Tuesday. But I bought mine online last week. I wonder if there's a difference between in store and online.

Global Posts
    3,204 Global Posts
    Maybe we need to get on Nokia and start asking them questions...
    I want to see how well it tests, what my options are with it as far as stands, putting it in my car.
    I wouldn't imagine putting it in your car would be very good. You would have to mess with the charging cable, as well as figure out some sort of docking mechanism so that the phone doesn't slide right off during movement.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    3,767 Global Posts
    Not to mention we'd have a whole new thread about screens scratched from sliding off charging in the car.

I'm in the same boat as everybody else here. I ordered mine on 11/6/12 from the premier website. Phone shipped on 11/9/12, shipped on 11/10/12 overnight and received on 11/12/12 but the still waiting on the charge pad. Looks like it's going to be a some time before I get mine.

Global Posts
    3,204 Global Posts
    I just talked to Nokia and they basically said that they are aware of the issue of wireless charger supplies and that they are working hard to get them out to ATT...

Quote Originally Posted by lordofthereef View Post
    I wouldn't imagine putting it in your car would be very good. You would have to mess with the charging cable, as well as figure out some sort of docking mechanism so that the phone doesn't slide right off during movement.
    You sound like the ATT rep. There is nothing to mess with as far as the charging cable goes. Making a housing for the charger will be easy enough.

Anyone wearing case on Lumia while charging? I wonder if it effects performance or has some side effects ...
    You sound like the ATT rep. There is nothing to mess with as far as the charging cable goes. Making a housing for the charger will be easy enough.
    Errr... what? How many people have a standard AC outlet in their car?

If you are savvy with fabrication, sure, it will be easy to just make a cradle. I was simply trying to point out that the way the charger works, out of the box, it isn't exactly ready as a plug and play device for the car. I fail to see how that makes me sound like an AT&T rep, but I respect your opinion.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast