Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    I seem to have a weird calendar...

Basically, when i set up dates in my calendar and i go to month view, i have foriegn text in that day (i cant tell if its German, Polish or French).

Has anyone received their phone from Expansys and is experiencing the same thing? This is abit strange to be honest and im wondering if anyone knows of a fix.

Thanks,

Pete
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    19,947 Global Posts
    Post a screenshot. Home+Power to take one.

WPCentral Mod | Retired Android Central Mod | CrackBerry Mod

This is the standard placeholder text that Microsoft uses on the calendar. It is just there to signify that there is an event that day. I believe it is Latin. The problem is that with high def screens you can actually read the text! Hopefully they will eventually use actual event info on the month view calendar.

Fascinating. Same here, I never realized

I wish they would just make today white/black and days with events the color of the calendar under which the event is saved.

[QUOTE=gfunk84;1767039]I wish they would just make today white/black and days with events the color of the calendar under which the event is saved.[/QUOTE

If they would do that and allow me to post month view on the home screen it would be the perfect calendar!
    There was another thread about this, which is what got me to notice this. Not sure what the point is... I assume it's just a thematic element, but still don't quite get... why?

Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    Not sure how to directly post images from Skydrive but...for those who havent seen it...

https://gqdanq.dm1.livefilestore.com...21117_0001.png

Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Duvi View Post
    Post a screenshot. Home+Power to take one.

This is Lorem Ipsum text used as filler to show that there are things going on that day. On Windows Phone 7 devices the screen resolutions were not good enough for that text te be readable.

Now that we have a large screen with super high pixel definition, that text is readable.

I thought this might happen when they launched with better screens, but wasn't sure if Microsoft would adjust the calendar to accommodate that.

Looks like they didn't.

Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by spaulagain View Post
    This is Lorem Ipsum text used as filler to show that there are things going on that day. On Windows Phone 7 devices the screen resolutions were not good enough for that text te be readable.

Now that we have a large screen with super high pixel definition, that text is readable.

I thought this might happen when they launched with better screens, but wasn't sure if Microsoft would adjust the calendar to accommodate that.

Looks like they didn't.
    So by all accounts, this isnt actually a bug but more of a redundent feature thanks to the IPS screen...

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro Hicken View Post
    So by all accounts, this isnt actually a bug but more of a redundent feature thanks to the IPS screen...
    Yeah more or less. It was not intended to be read, just symbolic of items listed on those days to give you an indication that you had things on those days.
    "Bro, you know I lift cause I use a Lumia 920..."

But still, the calendar month view should have been improved to make use of all those Lumia 920 pixels! This ought to come in an update soon, perhaps even with other obvious improvements to the build-in calendar, like week view, better live tile, etc.