Possible Proimity Sensor Issue with 920?

Mouse Cop

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I noticed a thread about the 900 with this but not the 920 and was trying to see if anyone had a solution for my problem. If I get a call or make a call the screen will go completely black. Usually, the screen will go black you put it to your ear so you don't hit buttons etc. After the call, when I try and hang up the screen remains black and I have to fiddle around with every button until the screen shows up enough for me to press the hang up button. Also, when I get text message, the screen doesn't flash, I know these may be petty things but just little quips like this that are happening are kind of making making the WP8 experience a little frustrating. I don't remember this being an issue with my Samsung Focus, any ideas? Hardware or Software issue? Should I go to AT&T and return it? Any help is more than welcome

Mouse Cop

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
No it wasn't. Went to the AT&T store and after a little bit of a run around someone took a look at my phone and reset the sensor; works fine now. Asked him if somebody like myself could reset the sensor if need be and he said no that it was only an AT&T thing. So yeah, if you are having issues of your screen going black when you make calls before you put it up to your ear, take it to AT&T and they will reset your sensor. Thank you for responding lord!

Mouse Cop

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I know this is a dated post but this issue was finally resolved by going to the AT&T store AGAIN and letting them know the issue, and then having it replaced. Looked like the screen was possibly loose from the proximity sensor. Not sure if that is the correct way to say that but that is what seemed to be the issue. The screen to end a phone call would only work if I pressed hard on the top right corner, near the proximity sensor. I am not sure if this issue is happening to anyone else, if it is you might just want to go to whichever store you bought it from and let them know so they can replace the phone for you.

rmtrmt

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
I know this is a dated post but this issue was finally resolved by going to the AT&T store AGAIN and letting them know the issue, and then having it replaced. Looked like the screen was possibly loose from the proximity sensor. Not sure if that is the correct way to say that but that is what seemed to be the issue. The screen to end a phone call would only work if I pressed hard on the top right corner, near the proximity sensor. I am not sure if this issue is happening to anyone else, if it is you might just want to go to whichever store you bought it from and let them know so they can replace the phone for you.

In my case, they won't replace it since it has already been 30 days after the purchase. It really is a shame nokia!!

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
Already called them to no avail.
Why not? It's under a 1 year manufacturers warranty. I was able to call ATT and they sent me a new one and all I had to do was send them the old one. Nokia wanted me to send my old phone in first.

mrventura

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I noticed a thread about the 900 with this but not the 920 and was trying to see if anyone had a solution for my problem. If I get a call or make a call the screen will go completely black. Usually, the screen will go black you put it to your ear so you don't hit buttons etc. After the call, when I try and hang up the screen remains black and I have to fiddle around with every button until the screen shows up enough for me to press the hang up button. Also, when I get text message, the screen doesn't flash, I know these may be petty things but just little quips like this that are happening are kind of making making the WP8 experience a little frustrating. I don't remember this being an issue with my Samsung Focus, any ideas? Hardware or Software issue? Should I go to AT&T and return it? Any help is more than welcome

Setting your screen brightness from auto or high to medium is temporary fix for this issue

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99