Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Anyone else have this? I only notice it if I hold the phone almost vertically, looking from the top down towards the capacitive buttons. There is a small line of white light above where the windows button is.

Nope

yes, my phone has a light leak to the left of the windows and back button.

edit

above to the right of the search button has a light leak.
    I do... bottom left near the back button. On top of that I also have dust under the FFC. And on my 5th lock plus one reboot. :(

is this a cause of concern or should I ignore it?
    Quote Originally Posted by sabotagebx View Post
    is this a cause of concern or should I ignore it?
    I couldn't say. My initial concern was getting dust in there. I noticed dust under my camera, as mentioned above, though I doubt it got in from where I am seeing light leaks. There may be reason to worry about moisture too? Really not sure on this.

If this is an issue of concern and I know ATT will replace it, but Im doubting I will get one overnighted like they claim at this time

Seems like just a cosmetic thing to me...

So do most people have this too, or is not visible at all on your phones?

I've just realised this problem depends a lot on how light the room is. In a light room, the capactive buttons do not light up at all. When I noticed it yesterday it was quite dark - now in the day I can barely see the issue at all.

Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    The phone I returned yesterday had that problem. The nee one is light leak free. The leak didn't really bother me, I returned it for the creaking/freezing/overheating issues.

Are you guys talking about this?imageuploadedbywpcentral-forums1354128625.802776.jpg
    The little speck to the left above the windows key?

*bump*
    I just got off the chat with Nokia CC, and "Jason" told me that the 10 Lumias he tested on, all of them had the same issue and that it's a non-issue. But ended said, if I was dissatisfied can go exchange it. Can people please confirm if this is an "issue" at all??

Global Posts
    585 Global Posts
    I have the same thing..damnit, need to stop reading the forums. It's not an issue for me, because it doesn't really leak out onto the screen.

Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    Mine has this as well. I only see it if you hold it looking straight down on top of the phone.
    Red Lumia 920

Erzhik, sinabu,
    Exactly. It doesn't distort the screen nor affect it in anyway, even at nights. But talking to couple of people and friends, suggest future problem or why compromise response.
    The flip side is waiting a long time for a replacement against this almost non-issue.

Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    On an issue like this I would play the Wait and See card. If it is a problem and is fixed in a later hardware revison swapping equipment now will more than likely not yield any fixed results but if it does start to become A problem with distorting the screen then I might go ahead.

Just with the way the phones are back ordered I would like to let them catch up and get all the bugs worked out in manufacturing :)
    Red Lumia 920