How to take a screenshot on Nokia Lumia 920

Chris Parsons

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
I'm sure a lot of folks may already know this but just in case you're in need of the information or unaware. This is how you can take a screenshot:

iJVSS.png

B T C

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Now what I would I like to know is how to turn off that loud sound when taking the screenshot. I have the phone set to vibrate, but no luck.. (and no, that ODF never loaded for me either. Reported it to Nokia, who said the following. Not too helpful.

Hi X,

Thank you for emailing Nokia Careline.

We understand that you are unable to view user guide with Microsoft PDF viewer on your Nokia Lumia device.

We suggest that in order for you to be able to view the user guide, you need first to download PDF reader application.
Please refer to the following information below how to download PDF reader application:

1.In the App list, tap Store . If prompted, sign in with your Microsoft account.

2.Tap Apps or Games.

3.Flick left or right to browse for apps in a variety of ways, or tap Search . When you find an app or game you want, tap

4.If an app or game is free, tap Install to download it.

5.Otherwise:

•Tap Buy to pay for the app (you'll be prompted twice).
•Tap Try to download a free trial version (if available).

Note

By default, apps are added to your phone bill. To pay with a credit card instead, tap Add or switch payment methods on the purchase confirmation screen. From here, you can add new payment methods, which will be saved to your phone's Wallet.

6.Look in the App list for new apps you've bought. (It might take several minutes for an app to finish downloading.) New games show up in the Games Hub (on Start , tap Games ).

You may also call Nokia Careline at 1-888-665-4228 from Mondays to Fridays at 9:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m. EST and on Saturdays from 10:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. EST for immediate assistance.

TripsG

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Okay, I'm claiming insanity here. I can't FIND the screenshots after I take them. They are NOT in Photos>Screenshots as that option doesn't even exist on my 920. I've searched high and low...okay, I fumbled around and then came here...but alas, I am screenshot illiterate. Thoughts (other than I'm an imbecile)?

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I have a really hard time getting it right. I often wind up bringing up voice assistance or locking the screen.

Also, when you google this most hits are feature announcements and not the actual instructions.

rider2040

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Okay, I'm claiming insanity here. I can't FIND the screenshots after I take them. They are NOT in Photos>Screenshots as that option doesn't even exist on my 920. I've searched high and low...okay, I fumbled around and then came here...but alas, I am screenshot illiterate. Thoughts (other than I'm an imbecile)?
The screenshot photos are saved in Photos-ALBUMS-Screenshots.

MechanizedSunrise

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
I have a really hard time getting it right. I often wind up bringing up voice assistance or locking the screen.

Also, when you google this most hits are feature announcements and not the actual instructions.

Try to do it by just quickly tapping instead of holding. If you just tap and release the power and home button simultaneously, you should get a screenshot everytime. Holding either one is what will cause problems by activating voice or powerdown.

rider2040

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
A screenshot captures whatever is on the screen of your phone. People use this to be able to share what they are on seeing on their phone. This is often used for instruction or troubleshooting.

Bizarro_Prime

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
I've been a member of this site for months and I've often wondered "how are these people able to screenshot their phones?"
I even went and searched the Marketplace for an app.

Serves me right for not reading the manual.
Its never been a big thing for me and I've never really been that bothered about it, just I'm sitting here bored at work so I thought I'd have a quick look online..
Oh well, live and learn.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12