Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree6Likes
  • 3 Post By Chris Parsons
  • 1 Post By rider2040
  • 1 Post By rider2040
  • 1 Post By Bizarro_Prime

Global Posts
    12,605 Global Posts
    I'm sure a lot of folks may already know this but just in case you're in need of the information or unaware. This is how you can take a screenshot:

Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Tyvm

Thanks alot , good information
    Speed from my Surface

Thanks for sharing.
    Previous Portable Windows Devices: Compaq iPAQ 3630, HP iPAQ 4700, HTC Tilt, Samsung Focus
    Sometimes we have to do a little reading, which i know people don't like. Example: Read the manual when you buy something

http://nds1.nokia.com/phones/files/p...000015763).pdf

Read manuals?!
    Previous Portable Windows Devices: Compaq iPAQ 3630, HP iPAQ 4700, HTC Tilt, Samsung Focus

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Rodriguez View Post
    Sometimes we have to do a little reading, which i know people don't like. Example: Read the manual when you buy somethinghttp://nds1.nokia.com/phones/files/p...000015763).pdf
    Is anyone able to open that PDF on their 920? I've installed the reader, but get an error. Documents on Nokia's site are the only ones I've attempted to download since installing the reader

Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    Won't open on my 920 either, I'll check it on the PC tomorrow.

Now what I would I like to know is how to turn off that loud sound when taking the screenshot. I have the phone set to vibrate, but no luck.. (and no, that ODF never loaded for me either. Reported it to Nokia, who said the following. Not too helpful.

Hi X,

Thank you for emailing Nokia Careline.

We understand that you are unable to view user guide with Microsoft PDF viewer on your Nokia Lumia device.

We suggest that in order for you to be able to view the user guide, you need first to download PDF reader application.
    Please refer to the following information below how to download PDF reader application:

1.In the App list, tap Store . If prompted, sign in with your Microsoft account.

2.Tap Apps or Games.

3.Flick left or right to browse for apps in a variety of ways, or tap Search . When you find an app or game you want, tap

4.If an app or game is free, tap Install to download it.

5.Otherwise:

•Tap Buy to pay for the app (you'll be prompted twice).
    •Tap Try to download a free trial version (if available).

Note

By default, apps are added to your phone bill. To pay with a credit card instead, tap Add or switch payment methods on the purchase confirmation screen. From here, you can add new payment methods, which will be saved to your phone's Wallet.

6.Look in the App list for new apps you've bought. (It might take several minutes for an app to finish downloading.) New games show up in the Games Hub (on Start , tap Games ).

You may also call Nokia Careline at 1-888-665-4228 from Mondays to Fridays at 9:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m. EST and on Saturdays from 10:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. EST for immediate assistance.

Okay, I'm claiming insanity here. I can't FIND the screenshots after I take them. They are NOT in Photos>Screenshots as that option doesn't even exist on my 920. I've searched high and low...okay, I fumbled around and then came here...but alas, I am screenshot illiterate. Thoughts (other than I'm an imbecile)?
    Banned

Global Posts
    856 Global Posts
    Works on my HTC 8x too. Thanks for the info.
    Sent from my Blue AT&T 8x using Board Xpress

I have a really hard time getting it right. I often wind up bringing up voice assistance or locking the screen.

Also, when you google this most hits are feature announcements and not the actual instructions.

Quote Originally Posted by TripsG View Post
    Okay, I'm claiming insanity here. I can't FIND the screenshots after I take them. They are NOT in Photos>Screenshots as that option doesn't even exist on my 920. I've searched high and low...okay, I fumbled around and then came here...but alas, I am screenshot illiterate. Thoughts (other than I'm an imbecile)?
    The screenshot photos are saved in Photos-ALBUMS-Screenshots.
    Thanked by:
    TripsG 
    TripsG likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by michail71 View Post
    I have a really hard time getting it right. I often wind up bringing up voice assistance or locking the screen.

Also, when you google this most hits are feature announcements and not the actual instructions.
    Try to do it by just quickly tapping instead of holding. If you just tap and release the power and home button simultaneously, you should get a screenshot everytime. Holding either one is what will cause problems by activating voice or powerdown.
    Thanked by:
    yeewiz 

Quote Originally Posted by rider2040 View Post
    The screenshot photos are saved in Photos-ALBUMS-Screenshots.
    BRILLIANT! PURE GENIUS! And I feel shame...:( Thanks, Rider2040.

whats is a screen shot?and what is it for?

A screenshot captures whatever is on the screen of your phone. People use this to be able to share what they are on seeing on their phone. This is often used for instruction or troubleshooting.
    Thanked by:
    annellis35 likes this.
    I've been a member of this site for months and I've often wondered "how are these people able to screenshot their phones?"
    I even went and searched the Marketplace for an app.

Serves me right for not reading the manual.
    Its never been a big thing for me and I've never really been that bothered about it, just I'm sitting here bored at work so I thought I'd have a quick look online..
    Oh well, live and learn.
    annellis35 likes this.

Was tweeting with @NokiaHelps but did not know how to do this. Do you do it the same way with the 1020?

Quote Originally Posted by annellis35 View Post
    Was tweeting with @NokiaHelps but did not know how to do this. Do you do it the same way with the 1020?
    yes, all wp8 devices are like this ;)