My battery life seems to be awesome

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
Why is everyone getting such terrible battery life? I haven't turned off any services or background tasks. I use it normally: facebook, twitter, nokia music, email, text messages. My live tile updates normally. I got my weather app set to 2 hrs. I didn't even stick it on the charger last night like I normally would and this is what my battery info tells me.

Attachments

• wp_ss_20121117_0001.png
    wp_ss_20121117_0001.png
    102.5 KB · Views: 13

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
I think there is a bug in the 'Estimated time remaining' feature. No matter what, with 32% left its not going to last 2 days and 11 hours. It isn't that efficient.

My ETR fluctuates wildly from 4 hours with 70% left to 18 (or more) hours with 50% left. I haven't been able to get it to say 2 days, 11 hours yet at all.

So far, my phone (despite the wildly fluctuating ETR) has lasted on an average of 15-18 hours. That is sufficient for me. When my charger finally arrives, it won't matter as I'll just lay it on the charger when I'm not using it/walking around with it).

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
I agree that estimated time left is misleading as it will adjust to what you are currently doing. But for it to last 22 hrs since last charge and still have 32% left is amazing to me!

Jari P

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I think there is a bug in the 'Estimated time remaining' feature. No matter what, with 32% left its not going to last 2 days and 11 hours. It isn't that efficient.

My ETR fluctuates wildly from 4 hours with 70% left to 18 (or more) hours with 50% left. I haven't been able to get it to say 2 days, 11 hours yet at all.

So far, my phone (despite the wildly fluctuating ETR) has lasted on an average of 15-18 hours. That is sufficient for me. When my charger finally arrives, it won't matter as I'll just lay it on the charger when I'm not using it/walking around with it).

A secret for a such high estimated time remaining might be a night time without any use (it might calculate that number from the current use) - he said that: "I did not even stick it on the the charger on the last night" ...

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
A secret for a such high estimated time remaining might be a night time without any use (it might calculate that number from the current use) - he said that: "I did not even stick it on the the charger on the last night" ...

This is true. But I've concentrated more on "since last charge". And Ive been up since 9am and it is about 130pm now. Ive used my phone for facebook and google reader (via IE10) for a couple hours and its still going strong.

giantenemybird

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, you guys are missing the point. Look at the since last charge.

I had a similar experience when I tested how long I could go without charging it. I use my phone a lot during work..lots of texts and browsing. I went from 8am to 2pm THE NEXT DAY on a single charge. Yes, I left it unplugged over night. How many of you use your phone throughout the day AND night without sleeping?

The battery life on this device is fantastic.

mparker

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
same here. I've been going from 5:30 am to 10 pm, with between 70% and 80% left at the end of the day. Haven't seen battery life like this since my Blackberry and Galaxy Nexus days.

lordofthereef

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
So here is the question... what have you done on the phone over those past 22 hours? Because if it's sitting mostly idle and not receiving many notifications, you could probably easily reach 2-3 days without breaking a sweat.

Landsharkk

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
2 days with 32% left isn't too far fetched.

Last night I went to bed with 100% charge. In bed I watched 20 minutes of a netflix movie (over wi-fi), then went to sleep. Almost exactly 8 hours later (when I woke up), my battery shows 92% remaining (technically it showed 93% remaining, but changed to 92% about 5 minutes after I first checked).

That's 1% (or less) per hour on idle, except that I did watch 20 minutes of a show on it as well. About 3.5 hours later after I checked facebook a couple of times, browsed the web, messed around a lot with 'rooms' (setting it up with my wife's lumia 920 as well), downloaded some apps and then played an additional 1 hour minimum of a graphic intensive game I'm now sitting at 50% battery (the game drew the most power).

This is also the 2nd time I've seen my phone drop 1% per hour on idle. It has been consistent, which means if you didn't touch your phone, at 32% battery life, you could be looking at 32+ hours before it goes dead (assuming you don't have battery saver turned on when the battery is low, which would further extend the charge).

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
So here is the question... what have you done on the phone over those past 22 hours? Because if it's sitting mostly idle and not receiving many notifications, you could probably easily reach 2-3 days without breaking a sweat.

Well lets see... Yesterday morning it was FB, twitter, google reader for a couple hours total. Then from 330pm-12am (at work), FB, Twitter, GR, during breaks and lunch. Listened to music while working (I would guesstimate a 1hr total streaming Nokia Music when it gets too quite throughout the night). Slept from 2am-9am. Had breakfast and FB, Twitter, GR for a couple hours. All the while have Weather tile (update every 2 hrs), email (as items arrived) and a bunch of other tiles that update on I don't know what interval. Im connected to wifi at home and LTE at work. In settings I have location turned on, NFC turned off, battery saver on, back up on, find my phone on, phone update on, and feedback on.

RickFelt

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm having issues with the battery life also. It works great in idle mode, but when actually use IE, text, phone calls, ect the battery % drops pretty quickly(yes, I have NFC, background tasks, emails as they arrive, etc turned off) I have cycled my phone's battery twice also. I've read this is wide spread issue with the majority of complaints. I love the phone, but I just want to be able to get some life out of it

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
I'm having issues with the battery life also. It works great in idle mode, but when actually use IE, text, phone calls, ect the battery % drops pretty quickly(yes, I have NFC, background tasks, emails as they arrive, etc turned off) I have cycled my phone's battery twice also. I've read this is wide spread issue with the majority of complaints. I love the phone, but I just want to be able to get some life out of it

I never cycle my phone's battery, especially with WM and WP. In my experience, letting it completely die on its own, can be bad for the software. Just like the PC, you want it to shutdown safely, so the OS can save settings, work, etc. I know there are those who say you should, but this has been my experience for the last years since I've had Windows Mobile and now Windows Phones. So I just never do and I have still gotten great battery life out of my phones. By great I mean it has to at least last 12 hrs to get me through the workday and run errands before getting back home and charging it back while sleeping. But hey I am going on 24 hrs 23% currently. So to me this has been the best battery life I've ever had. At this rate, it will probably want me to charge it in a few hours before battery saver kicks in (I think 10%).

Emcee

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
My first one had poor batter life. Drained it in 7 hours. Tried to hard reset it and bricked it, so I swapped for another.

Now, I'm currently at 18 hrs use (few calls, few texts, 7 hours of music playback overnight, a fair amount of web and a lot of baconit) with 41% left. 20-21 hours would be more accurate actually, because I briefly plugged it into my PC at 94% and reset the "time since last charge."

I'd definitely recommend doing a reset, then trading it in for another.

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
Well here's my final shot before sticking it on the charger. It actually went on battery saver at 20%, 25 hrs total.

Attachments

• battery.jpg
    battery.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 0

WPmunkey

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
I have great battery life too. Coming from an HD2 and HD7 I have to say I am blown away by the longevity of the battery. I had one complete overnight charge so far. The first time I tried to charge it overnight I apparently did not plug it in and no charging took place (maybe a side effect of coming from HTC.. No charge indicator light). It lasted almost 2 days on the half-*** factory charge. I just had to plug it in after 2 days of no charging, over 48 hours with moderate to heavy use.

After a full charge it will say 15hours remaining battery life. After a while it bumps up to over two days. The estimated time remaining is almost always way too high or too low but I remain impressed with the actual battery life.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janecruise