Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I see what you did there lol

Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Im seriously starting to think its the WPCentral app that is causing the unit to shutdown. After I performed my factory reset everything was fine. For 2 days straight I had no issues, no more random shutdowns. As soon as I installed WPCentral app it all started back up again. I uninstalled the app and now its back to normal. I had no other apps installed besides Metrotube. With Metrotube installed the phone worked fine. It is still on my phone and I haven't had a shutdown since I removed the WPcentral app. Kinda sucks because that is one of my favorite apps. Just paid for it too!!

Mine does it and I don't have WPCentral app installed

Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by astroboy100 View Post
    Mine does it and I don't have WPCentral app installed
    Well ****! Guess its time to take it up the ATT store and see if I can exchange it for a new one.

Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Can't exchange it at the store. Have to do a warranty exchange for a refurb! Oh well at least they are sending the refurb first then I send them back the old phone. Don't really like the idea of getting a refurbished phone, but I have no choice.

Quote Originally Posted by philharmonik View Post
    Im seriously starting to think its the WPCentral app that is causing the unit to shutdown. After I performed my factory reset everything was fine. For 2 days straight I had no issues, no more random shutdowns. As soon as I installed WPCentral app it all started back up again. I uninstalled the app and now its back to normal. I had no other apps installed besides Metrotube. With Metrotube installed the phone worked fine. It is still on my phone and I haven't had a shutdown since I removed the WPcentral app. Kinda sucks because that is one of my favorite apps. Just paid for it too!!
    My thoughts as well. As soon as I installed the wpcentral app, the reboots started.

Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Phone continues to keep shutting down even with WPCentral app uninstalled. My phone has shutdown at least 6 times in 2 days. Hoping the replacement fixes the issue.

I'm on my 8x happens to be all the time...
    Happens to me when it is idle for a long time. After disconecting from BT. After playing a playlist. After stopping WiFi use. Neither hard reset or uninstalling skype or whatnot would fix it. I use it as an alarm and it is really a pain that I could not get up earlier without it; yeah sometimes I could but it is really a pain. The Nokia Care Person I am emailing with said to send it to a Nokia Care Point but I have to find a sub phone before I do. Would it be wise to send it to them? I am the second owner of the phone, got this from amazon though. Please do reply, thanks!
    I don't have a wpcentral app. And if this also happens to someone with 8X, it may probably be a problem with the OS, a software, app in the phone (native or installed by the owner), or the hardware similar to both devices (snapdragon).

Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    I got my replacement on Thursday and so far everything is going well! It came in the retail box, looked brand new. Still had all the protective stickers on it and everything. Really hope this one holds out. It's only been a few days so its still too early to tell. I've installed all my usual apps except wpcentral.
    Keep us posted. Thursday to Sunday without shutting itself down is really great! I just hope it does keep itself on for a long, long time - because if not, I, also, might have to send this phone soon. I mean, I'm kind of scared of getting a refurb (even though it is working really well) - haha - it's just that, one day it might crash and my phone no longer is covered by warranty.

Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Just thought I would let everyone know, my 920 is still going strong! Very happy with my new unit! I've installed all my usual apps, even WPCentral!
    I'm surprised that for the past few days, my phone has been performing really well I need it most: ALARM. What I find odd (I do not know if this is a good or a bad news) is that my phone switches off (Yes, it still does) whenever I finish a task that makes the phone go really hot or when I disconnect from the car's bluetooth. I really do not know the reason for this but good thing the random letdowns have been reduced. Really, really thankful for that! :)
    How re your phones now? Mine has been doing this since the day I got it back in December. After a long ordeal with my carrier they are shipping me a new device. I didn't want a refurb. Hope that all your phones stay on! I was missing calls and texts left and right :(

Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Mine is like a brand new phone! Works great! Only problem is Bluetooth connection in my car. When it works its awesome! When it doesn't it sucks.

Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Randolph Medrano View Post
    Happens to me when it is idle for a long time. After disconecting from BT. After playing a playlist. After stopping WiFi use. Neither hard reset or uninstalling skype or whatnot would fix it. I use it as an alarm and it is really a pain that I could not get up earlier without it; yeah sometimes I could but it is really a pain. The Nokia Care Person I am emailing with said to send it to a Nokia Care Point but I have to find a sub phone before I do. Would it be wise to send it to them? I am the second owner of the phone, got this from amazon though. Please do reply, thanks!
    I sent my phone to Nokia for repairs because of the shutting off by itself when idle issue it was having. The phone came back with a sheet where it says all the diagnostic test they did to the phone and it says they didn't find anything wrong and that they couldn't recreate the problem. Today is my second day with the phone after it came.This morning when I pick it up to see the time it was off. Also on the sheet says that if it happens again it could be third party apps but in my case I know is not that because I reset it before sending it to them and didn't install anything and it was shutting down with no third party apps. Mines does it only when is idle for a few hours

Mine 920 does exactly the same thing.
    It is very annoying that every time I have to perform a soft restart to bring the phone back on, and need to reset the date and time since it will set to Sep 1st, 2012 every time it shuts down.
    Actually a soft restart means that the phone is not shut down properly but has a system crash (just like a normal PC).
    I have tried everything since I discovered the problem, including sending it to Nokia Care for a checking, but the support there said that the machine was just fine and they were unable to recreate the problem.
    However, what I have noticed is that each time the phone shuts itself down, there are some application which I didn't close completed but left them running at the background. Most of them are social application, such as twitter, WeChat, etc. Therefore, I can't help but to wonder that this issue is caused by background notification push. When the phone is idle, these background apps are sending/receiving data which cause a system crash and the phone got shut down.
    Now I am trying to close those kind of applications every time I am done using. will have to see if my assumption is right and how things go.
    Thanked by:

My 620 is doing the same thing. MS or Nokia should at least acknowledge the issue. 10 times so far this morning. Grrrrrr!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Wells View Post
    My 620 is doing the same thing. MS or Nokia should at least acknowledge the issue. 10 times so far this morning. Grrrrrr!!
    Look I have a Lumia 920 with the same issues. A HTC 8X with no such issues. It is not a MS problem, but a Nokia problem!
    *** Forza Windows Phone 8 ***
    Many answers here in my battery tips & tricks post: http://forums.wpcentral.com/htc-8x/2...ps-htc-8x.html
    Please help me with my WP8 Sync App idea called "WP8 ClonePhone": http://forums.wpcentral.com/windows-...lonephone.html

Shutdown problem fixed --All ATT customers are getting this new firmware update 1314 starting today.
    Lumia 920
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12